Author Topic: Can I use my Flikr account for the screensaver?  (Read 17404 times)

Witzman

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Can I use my Flikr account for the screensaver?
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2008, 01:18:42 pm »
Cool - Thanks.

I will wait.

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2008, 03:50:58 pm »
When used for flickr.pl replacement on LinuxMCE, you have to specify the plugin in your config:

:plugins => [:LinuxMCE_Plugin]

This tells flickrfetchr to hook into the LinuxMCE database.

In your example, I would use this config:

Code: [Select]
LINUXMCE_1024_X_768_CRITERIA = {
                    :limit => 100,
                    :daycount => 5,
                    :destination_path => '/home/flickr',
                    :destination_naming => :short,
                    :plugins => [:LinuxMCE_Plugin],
                    :image_acceptable_types => ['jpg'],
                    :image_resize_to => {:width => 1024, :height => 768}
                  }

MUFFIN_CRITERIA = LINUXMCE_1024_X_768_CRITERIA.merge({
                    :username => 'hlt1611',
                    :destination_path => '/home/flickr/muffin'
                  })

config[:USERS] += [MUFFIN_CRITERIA]

Witzman, I have a long answer just about ready, but flickr.com isn't responding for me to verify it at the moment.

HTH,
Roy

Thanks again Roy, it was late last night and I wanted to make sure I knew what was what before the holiday. I can't tell you how excited I was just to see this thing crawl around on Flickr and download my photos.

jimmejames

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2008, 05:34:13 pm »
Krys-

You and I are about at the same place with things it seems.

I've been following this thread and finally got the time to try it out.  I created a wiki entry as I went-  it needs improvement, but it's a start:
http://wiki.linuxmce.com/index.php/Flickr

I'm still waiting for mine to show up, but only finished the code 5 minutes ago and am about to reboot the core (first time since the M3A78-EM nic got fixed- thanks again Seth).

FYI

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2008, 07:19:04 pm »
I wasnt aware that I needed the "new" config file in all three of those locations. That Wiki entry is nice Jimmie, it will definitely help when I have to do this all over again. (upgrading to a 100/1000 card on my core and I heard that your best bet is to just reinstall)

jimmejames

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2008, 08:02:47 pm »
Maybe you don't....  it is only sort of working right now.  It pulls the measly 1 file I have out there on flickr... wanted it to use all of the private ones instead.  So now going to disable flickr until I figure out what I want public.

In the mean time, party is a couple hours away and GF is getting antsy wanting it to "just work".  :)

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2008, 08:30:30 pm »
Thats funny because I told my wife this feature would be ready for her New Years pics... I got some work to do when I get off work. (man I work alot  ;D)

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2009, 08:19:46 pm »
This is weird, I cant find the other two config files.... I just have the one under /etc

jimmejames

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2009, 04:42:37 am »
This one:  /home/linuxmce/.flickrfetchr.conf

didn't exist for me, but the other 2 did.

Did you get it working for the wife?  As I said, I didn't like that it only pulls public photos, so I turned that off and just put my pictures on the NAS and added the device to the core as a windows share....  added the pictures as a screensaver for MD....  and it worked great, for the most part.

My pictures are not 1024x768- some are 3000 something by 2000 something (I think).  What's odd is that sometimes the pictures showed up great on the screen, and sometimes the imaged was zoomed in on one of the sides of the image.  And, what's more, is that screen would sometimes get stuck on one picture- the picture was different everytime- seemed to be a random thing (sometimes 15 min, sometimes 5, etc).  By skipping to the next song it usually restarted the pictures.

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2009, 03:56:28 pm »
Yes I finally got it working last night, I didnt realize that there were two places to insert the flickr script on the Admin page. Once I put in in the second place it worked like a charm. I dont mind that it only uses the public pictures as we just created that account specifically for this frame. I am not sure if it is running the script on its own yet, I just used the verbose command last night to check it.

As far as zooming in on certain areas of your picture that is a setting on the admin page I believe and you can take it off, its a UI1 thing, instead of the picture slowly zooming and panning as it does in UI2 it is just static and randomly close up on different parts of the picture. I will see if I can find a link on how to take that feature off, but its pretty straight foward

jimmejames

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2009, 04:35:24 pm »
There are 2 places?  I will have to update the wiki- I only put it in the one place under orbiter plug-ins and it pulled the picture that I had up on flickr, but I didn't wait long enough to see if the image was used in the screensaver picture rotation.

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2009, 04:53:08 pm »
Yes, there is one on the orbiter plugin screen (scroll down) after this the pictures werent showing, then from the orbiter plugin screen there is a button (advanced or view i dont remember) that pulls up another window with the same blank, once I put it in there also the pictures immediately started to appear.

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2009, 08:19:49 pm »
Hey guys, not sure if anyone is still using this but I have upgraded to 810 and wanted to get my flickr working again but ran into a few issues. Has anyone else tried this with 810?
One issue I noticed is that somewhere in the script it assumes that linuxmce is still the default user, but under 810 you can choose your own username so mine is krys. I assume this is causing at least part of the problem.
-Krys

** Nevermind for now, i think i just had a typo in my config file, looks like it should work now.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 08:55:31 pm by krys »