Author Topic: Building for 0810  (Read 66898 times)

niz23

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Building for 0810
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2008, 11:58:36 am »
kasio.
i kind of was testing. and still am testing.  ;D

I  did setup home router to work as dhcp server so i could install kubuntu with automatic ip asssignment.

Now installation is done, but still - when i will get lirc-pluto package? Fresh install doesnt have it - should i continue or i did something wrong again? i didnt touch kubuntu at all. (just ok and next)

dcerouter_99329:~# dpkg -l | grep -i lirc
ii  liblircclient0                            0.8.3-0ubuntu2+lmce2                        LIRC client library

(thats it. dont have lirc-pluto package yet again.)

edit:

Added IR transceiver. and again it failed to install lirc-pluto. Are you interested to look into this problem or this problem is affecting only my installations only?

lirc-pluto package isnt on any repository. If it should be built automatically then it fails appearently.

May be some of you could let me know where this package should come from. Then i can look to solve this problem myself.

edit2: i mean lirc-pluto depends on lirc-modules-2.6.22-14-generic which arent on repo.

As Thom and others said earlier.
0810 alpha is not to be used by users yet.
We have lot to do before it will work out of the box and I appreicate that your are willing to test.

Please try to figure out what goes wrong and fix it.
DonĀ“t say this and that dont work tell others to fix it.

All code is in 0810 branch in our svn.

/niz23

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2008, 12:43:45 pm »
i kind of was testing. and still am testing.  ;D

I  did setup home router to work as dhcp server so i could install kubuntu with automatic ip asssignment.

Now installation is done, but still - when i will get lirc-pluto package? Fresh install doesnt have it - should i continue or i did something wrong again? i didnt touch kubuntu at all. (just ok and next)

dcerouter_99329:~# dpkg -l | grep -i lirc
ii  liblircclient0                            0.8.3-0ubuntu2+lmce2                        LIRC client library

(thats it. dont have lirc-pluto package yet again.)

edit:

Added IR transceiver. and again it failed to install lirc-pluto. Are you interested to look into this problem or this problem is affecting only my installations only?

lirc-pluto package isnt on any repository. If it should be built automatically then it fails appearently.

May be some of you could let me know where this package should come from. Then i can look to solve this problem myself.

edit2: i mean lirc-pluto depends on lirc-modules-2.6.22-14-generic which arent on repo.

Works for me:
dcerouter_96145:~# dpkg -l | grep lirc
ii  liblircclient-dev                         0.8.3-0ubuntu2+lmce2                        development files for LIRC client library
ii  lirc                                      0.8.3-0ubuntu2+lmce2                        Linux Infra-red Remote Control support
ii  lirc-modules-source                       0.8.3-0ubuntu2+lmce2                        Linux Infra-red Remote Control support (kern
ii  lirc-pluto                                0.1.1                                       <insert up to 60 chars description>

Well, after this weeks update that is...  ;D
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

kasio

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2008, 01:04:58 pm »
cool.
As i see dependency is removed. I wasnt sure about it by now.
As far as I found out - you dont have to build lirc-modules on 8.10 (unless some specific patches) all modules are already included by default.
As about building them from source - its still failing for some reason which i couldnt find out.(short on knowledge) I tried with m-a and got error but nothing in logfiles. 

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2008, 02:00:54 pm »
cool.
As i see dependency is removed. I wasnt sure about it by now.
As far as I found out - you dont have to build lirc-modules on 8.10 (unless some specific patches) all modules are already included by default.
As about building them from source - its still failing for some reason which i couldnt find out.(short on knowledge) I tried with m-a and got error but nothing in logfiles. 

No actually one was added, please check your assumptions before announcing them as facts. 

And there is no lirc-modules package because that is handled by DKMS now (automagicly uppon installing the lirc-modules-source package even).  As for patches... why exactly do you think we're going through the trouble of releasing an 0.8.3-0ubuntu2+lmce2 version in the first place?

-- Anonymous

kasio

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2008, 03:33:20 pm »
not like anybody will use my assumptions as facts.
i am happy you made it working. thank you.

noneyayaya

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2008, 12:41:13 pm »
I cannot get the avwizard to work.

I am currently using the alpha 1 0810 release. I had some issues with using a static ip but altered the resolv and interfaces file accordingly as kasio stated on pg6. For the media director I changed hardware acceleration open gl option with a default video card. On my orbiter I was using UI V2 16:9 and in advanced under view I enabled the allowed to modify so I could check use alpha blended ui, open gl and UI. This only worked 1 time iso movie video playback worked 100% Audio worked 100% open gl worked 100% it was like I was using 0710. I did the editing of the orbiter and md because I couldn't figure out these steps on the web page: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/LinuxMCE-0810_alpha1

Setup Diskless MD

1. On core from a terminal run sudo /usr/pluto/bin/Diskless_BuildDefaultImage.sh
   2. Boot MD
   3. Rundiskless setup fails, but the device gets created
   4. Change md to i386 in webadmin -> rebuild image
   5. On the core
         1. Set a password for root on MD
               1. chroot /us/pluto/diskless/<##>
               2. run passwd.... enter password for root
   6. On MD Switch to a terminal session
         1. Login to MD as root
         2. apt-get install nvividia-glx-177
   7. From core copy valid xorg.conf from etc/X11 to /usr/pluto/diskless/##/etc/X11
   8. Reboot MD. Now, the AV Wizard should come up

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I tried to do this The script works as far as i know. When I reboot I get a black screen and I can select a new orbiter and it goes through the setup of it. When it ends it repeats the script it seems like its stuck in a loop. I reset then when I did a web login I seen a new orbiter no change in the MD. So i assumed it was all good so I rebuilt the image as it says but no /usr/pluto/diskless folder exits on the DCEROUTER terminal which is the core i assume. Not dubz@dcerouter which is the MD I assume. I believe I can figure out the rest im just stuck at this.

Should I not install adobe flash on kubuntu before or after upgrade to linuxmce 0810 alpha1? Everytime I mess with flash it bricks my install it seems like, which is why im using this new release. Can you use flash on linuxmce and kubuntu? I want to use youtube on kubuntu and linuxmce together.

Anyone have any idea when a beta will be available? Can we use thoms mame plugin in this release or does a new one have to be compiled?

Should I be using the nvidia driver that kubuntu installed or should i compile it using the nvdia driver from their website?

This version does not have a linuxmce launcher?

I can confirm video audio and both ethernets working also dcerouter is giving out ip address to my nokia 770 and other orbiters on the following rig:

1 Nvidia gtx280
1 Asus striker NSE 2 built in ethernets
1 sata 500gig WD HD
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 02:58:31 pm by noneyayaya »

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2008, 02:21:47 pm »
The alpha version is intended for testing and debugging, not for end users.
-- Anonymous

noneyayaya

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 22, 2008, 02:45:54 pm »
thankyou for answering none of my questions. bravo. :D

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 22, 2008, 03:02:56 pm »
thankyou for answering none of my questions. bravo. :D
I have no intention of answering any of your questions, if that is what you want stick to the stable releases.

And you're welcome.  ::)
-- Anonymous

noneyayaya

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2008, 03:27:19 pm »
Sorry I dont eat sleep and shit out linux. All im asking for is a few answers obviously if im using Linuxmce I have a clue about how this works so if your just gonna sit there and spit out some lame response just go away and let someone that actually has the patience / answer not a, i dont give a shit attitude. Sorry you were raised with that attitude problem dont take it out on me linuxmce god grow up and help out dont be shady. If your such a bad ass linuxmce god masterflex why are you wasting my time and yours by responding? stable is for the weak ;D  0710 is far from stable but you knew that right? You obviously just assumed that I was a LMCE virgin and didn't even really read what I had said originally. Geez Your worse than my x g/f. Nice little quote at the end of your response thats original, lame, and weird all at the same time. ROTF. You can have the last word since your responses are so weak ill give you that. No wonder this shit doesnt work right when people like you are making the source.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 04:20:35 pm by noneyayaya »

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2008, 03:51:25 pm »
Sorry I dont eat sleep and shit out linux. All im asking for is a few answers obviously if im using Linuxmce I have a clue about how this works so if your just gonna sit there and spit out some lame response just go away and let someone that actually has the answer not a, i dont give a shit attitude. Sorry you were raised with that attitude problem dont take it out on me linuxmce god grow up and help out dont be shady. If your such a bad ass linuxmce god masterflex why are you wasting my time and yours by responding? stable is for the weak ;D  0710 is far from stable but you knew that right?
Speaking of attitude problems, why don't you do everybody a huge favor and get lost?
-- Anonymous

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 22, 2008, 05:26:39 pm »
Sorry I dont eat sleep and shit out linux. All im asking for is a few answers obviously if im using Linuxmce I have a clue about how this works so if your just gonna sit there and spit out some lame response just go away and let someone that actually has the patience / answer not a, i dont give a shit attitude. Sorry you were raised with that attitude problem dont take it out on me linuxmce god grow up and help out dont be shady. If your such a bad ass linuxmce god masterflex why are you wasting my time and yours by responding? stable is for the weak ;D  0710 is far from stable but you knew that right? You obviously just assumed that I was a LMCE virgin and didn't even really read what I had said originally. Geez Your worse than my x g/f. Nice little quote at the end of your response thats original, lame, and weird all at the same time. ROTF. You can have the last word since your responses are so weak ill give you that. No wonder this shit doesnt work right when people like you are making the source.
Are you done adding these pathetic attempts at insults to your post now, or should I wait for more?  :P
-- Anonymous

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 22, 2008, 06:07:42 pm »
noneyayaya,

Please understand, those of us who are working on the developer releases are extremely busy trying to get basic things to function in the new environment.

As such, we do expect those people who wish to try the developer releases to be able to handle themselves without our assistance to set up the developer release, because if we're helping you, we're not developing the release.

Now, this may seem a bit counter-intuitive, but look at the release identifier again, this is an ALPHA, not a Beta. If it were a beta, we would be helping you in this capacity.

So please,
Let's not argue, and if you want help, I would suggest waiting for the beta.

-Thom

MediaEngineer

• Douchebag
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 23, 2008, 05:49:37 am »
Instead of copy/pasting 2 wiki pages together, it would be way more helpful if you actually tried the alpha1 release and shared your own experience.  There is no added value in lumping these together whatsoever.

Did you delete the combined alpha wiki article that I created?

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 23, 2008, 07:27:51 pm »
Instead of copy/pasting 2 wiki pages together, it would be way more helpful if you actually tried the alpha1 release and shared your own experience.  There is no added value in lumping these together whatsoever.

Did you delete the combined alpha wiki article that I created?
Yes, that is what we do with redundant pages.  And merely pasting two pages together without adding anything is not what I 'd call something you "created".
-- Anonymous