Author Topic: ANN: Orbiter image for WebDT 366  (Read 73460 times)

alx9r

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: ANN: Orbiter image for WebDT 366
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2008, 04:38:38 am »
I just got my hands on the WebDT 360 I bought from tkmedia.  It was preloaded with an orbiter image although I'm not sure exactly which version.  It boots with the nice penguin splash screen (that screen definitely scores WAF points, thanks thom!).

After I enter the SSID it just stays at the penguin screen indefinitely.  (I've disabled any encryption on my network to rule that out.)

1. What should I see after completing the wireless network settings?

2. How/when does the orbiter try to connect to the core? 

I figured I would have to tell the orbiter the IP address of the core at some point.

Thanks,

Alex

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2008, 04:44:04 am »
After entering in the SSID of your network (CASE SENSITIVE!) it should bring up a screen asking:

* default orbiter user
* default orbiter room
* skin

etc.

The core is defined as dcerouter as 192.168.80.1 ... assuming you didn't mess with the network settings, this should be correct.

jimmejames

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2008, 09:33:56 pm »
I am trying to install the image on a 366 with exactly 512 mb of flash and 256 mb of ram.  At 97% the WebDT 366 says that it ran out of room.  I just ordered a flash drive to upgrade the internal flash to 1GB from the 512 but was curious if there were other suggestions.

Also, how similar are the different revisions of the orbiter?  Specifically revisions 1.1 and 1.3.  Would I need to change the image to "fit" this other device?

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2008, 10:25:50 pm »
It will simply not use the additional space on the flash. This is okay :)

-Thom

alx9r

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2008, 03:44:56 am »
After entering in the SSID of your network (CASE SENSITIVE!) it should bring up a screen asking:

* default orbiter user
* default orbiter room
* skin

etc.

The core is defined as dcerouter as 192.168.80.1 ... assuming you didn't mess with the network settings, this should be correct.
Configuring my router to assign the EXTERNAL port IP address to 192.168.80.1 did the trick.

I got my WebDT working this morning...super nice.  Thanks!

Alex

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2008, 04:08:04 am »
np, i'm glad it worked..but i think you need to reorder things to the recommended network configuration. It can avoid things like this.

-Thom

alx9r

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2008, 04:37:18 pm »
i think you need to reorder things to the recommended network configuration. It can avoid things like this.

agreed.  it's in the works.

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2008, 10:13:47 pm »
Is it possible, or will it ever be possible to view the TV listings on the orbiter instead of on the TV, and scroll/select the channel this way? Also I finally got my 366 imaged and I cant figure out how to put it in suspend mode instead of just turning completely off.
Thanks,
_Krys

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2008, 01:53:38 am »
Yes.

If you look at some of my earlier postings (search for orbiter EPG), I had done exactly this.

Basically, there are two data grids that are exposed by the MythTV plugin, as well as the VDR Plugin:

* Current Shows - Which shows a list of all channels, and the current shows on them.
* All Shows - Which shows a list of all shows on the currently selected channel in Current Shows.

Screen 242 is reserved for this purpose, and is currently only filled in for the UI2 variation as the on-screen gyro-guide.

If you open up the designobj pointed to by Screen 242, you'll see these two data grids laid out side by side, and some other buttons etc.

However the default data grids for this purpose used on this screen were designed to be automatically scrolled by the MouseHandler present on the UI2 OSD, and thus do not have <Scroll Up> <Scroll Down> buttons available for use on UI1 orbiters, so you have to copy down the settings for those data grids into new data grid objects. I added a P to the extra options field so that the data grid could be scrolled.

I also built a new designobj for the TV guide views so that I could change the cell background image etc...

I also remember at one point I had replaced the left keypad area with the current shows datagrid, but I took it off...It will be back on my system at least sometime after 0810's release.

These were not released to the public because I wanted to do more UI tweaking, but my point is, if you're willing to learn designer, and dig in a bit, you CAN implement this without needing to touch the code base.

I do know posde was doing work in this area as well, he has a custom designed VDR remote, that has his EPG on it. I do not know whether we will be releasing it into the main database as is..

Point being, you can do it, if you're willing to put in some time. :)

Oh, also. Suspend works simply by pressing the power button. If you hold it down, you will turn it completely off.

-Thom

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2008, 02:41:25 am »
Cool, I just wanted to make sure I wouldnt be spinning my wheels. This thing rocks man, I am so happy with the way it works!

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2008, 03:00:53 am »
I'm glad it works for you. This is why I do what I do. :)

Merry post-Xmas ;)

-Thom

jthodges

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2009, 04:54:20 pm »
In short, it's complete.

and can be gotten here: http://www.localeconcept.com/private/webpad-gamma1.dd.bz2

Is there a mirror for this anywhere?  This link does not seem to be working for me.  Or maybe this isn't even the latest image anymore?

Edit: sorry, should have given it some time.  Tried again in ~10 minutes and it started working.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 05:06:18 pm by jthodges »

tkmedia

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • LMCECompatible
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2009, 05:54:46 pm »
pop over to #linuxmce if you need help

Tim
My Setup http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Tkmedia

For LinuxMce compatible  systems and accessories
http://lmcecompatible.com/

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2009, 08:02:50 pm »
tk - what is in the gamma version that wouldn't have been in the version you shipped to me? is it just bug fixes or enhancements? is there a wiki article?

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2009, 11:11:53 pm »
to my knowledge, tkmedia shipped all the tablets with the gamma1 release.

-Thom