Author Topic: New Media Tagging System  (Read 12192 times)

Glasswalker

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: New Media Tagging System
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2008, 07:46:29 pm »
Excellent :)

Since I have yet to get my fixes in for flac files... (damn work getting in the way of the fun stuff lol)

Is there an easy way for me to commit those directly to SVN? or is it a "submit a ticket to trac, and attach the updates" thing?

Just checking, so that when I apply updates or new functionality to this code I know how to submit it in a sane way.

Thanks!

Glasswalker

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2008, 12:28:19 am »
Just a quick update. I am adding some more features to this one, I am testing them out now (And still trying to bugfix the one) before I release it. But here is what's in the update:

- Ability to apply only certain types of tags recursively (eg: only images, or only short attributes)
- Recursive tagging now skips over FLAC files (due to flakyness in the flac tagging with lmce right now)
- Recursive tagging also carries over the media subtype and format (this is bugged due to a problem in updatemedia, looking into it now)
- Currently working on (but not finished): pull season number from the parent folder name for tv episodes

In addition to a couple minor fixes and tweaks.

I hope to have this released shortly. I will release a new full single file install for it, and update the original post with it when I release the new version.

Zaerc, what is the proper method for me to submit this stuff to you for SVN? should I just keep dropping it into trac?

Thanks!

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2008, 01:53:17 am »
Zaerc, what is the proper method for me to submit this stuff to you for SVN? should I just keep dropping it into trac?

Thanks!

Yeah that should be fine, btw the version in this thread will be included in tonights update of alpha1.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

krippler

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2008, 10:03:52 pm »
Just to let everyone know, this system doesn't work with apostrophes in the file name. Not a big deal but I just spent 30 mins trying to figure out why it wasnt working. I removed all the apostrophes and it worked great.

Glasswalker

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2008, 10:18:33 pm »
I think that was a bug I corrected in the most recent version (still unreleased). Basically I wasn't escaping my mysql queries correctly...

Although, I'm pretty sure I fixed that in one of the updates posted in this thread.

Anyway, either way, that is definately corrected in my current development version. I will have it released very shortly.

krippler

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2008, 10:53:38 pm »
Good to hear Glasswalker. Thank you for all the hard work.