Hey everyone, I figured I would make my first stab at contributing to the LMCE codebase... So I developed a new addition to the media tagging functionality within the web admin.
I know everyone finds it painful to tag each item individually, and there is no easy solution for TV Episodes... So I wrote a new system to handle that.
Basically it integrates to the media file sync screen, when your browsing a folder, you will see a button labeled "Apply These Tags Recursively". That lets you access the new system.
How this is meant to be used:
- First Put your media inside a folder structure of some kind. In my case, for TV Episodes for example I store it in TV/Showname/SeasonX/Filename.avi
- Also it helps alot if your files have a standard file naming convention, most downloaded packs do, but be careful if it's a mixed bag.
- Now you browse to (in the case of my example) the "Showname" directory.
- Now apply any tags that apply to the entire show (or use the search amazon function)
- Now click the Apply Recursively button. This allows you to copy these tags onto every file/folder contained within this one (fullly recursive)
- Once in the recursive screen, choose if you want it to apply to files, folders, or both.
- Also if you want to tag TV episodes automatically by their filename, check out the TV Episode Tagging Mode.
- Now click the "Confirm" button and see a sample of what it will affect. If there are any problems it will tell you here.
- Click the final approve button and it will go nuts tagging your files.
- Just because I target TV Episodes doesn't mean it can't be used for other types of media. The recursive tagger will recursively tag anything
- (it's just the file parsing tagger that's specific to tv episodes)
- This will recursively duplicate all attributes, long attributes, and images.
Some things to consider:
- IT WILL OVERWRITE ANY TAGS YOU HAVE! so please be careful where you use it.
- It is not 100% tested yet, there may be bugs.
- The tv series renamer is designed only for tv series (but since these are all that is really lacking in LMCE I thought that's fine)
Notes about the TV Episode Tagger:
- It is flexible. It can handle any case where files are uniformly named
- Example: S01E02 - Some Title [[HDTV-LOL]] or something like that.
- As long as the following conditions are met:
- Season number, and episode number must be fixed length (If you use 2 digits, it must be 2 digit everywhere, so 1 will be 01)
- Season and episode number must come before the title in the filename (but their order is not important)
- If those criteria are met, it should be able to glean the season number, episode number, and title from the filename.
- You can use the strip text field to rip off group tags like the [[HDTV-LOL]] in the example.
- It supports adding more than one strip text, so you can strip wierd file formats, or rip garbage out.
- Get creative with customizing the settings, and let me know how it works. I'm open to suggestions.
The file can be downloaded at: http://www.samuraipotato.com/files/Recursive_Tag.tgz
The file is relative to the /var/www directory on the core. Extract it SOMEWHERE ELSE and make BACKUPS of your originals, then overwrite them with these.
Or you can search for PAUL MUMBY in the code, for comments which mark modifications made by me. And patch it in yourself.
I'm talking to the devs about getting this merged into the LMCE distro so you don't need to manually install it.
That's about it. I hope everyone enjoys! (if someone gets a chance, post some screenshots or more details install instructions, I haven't got time right now lol)
Shameless plug for my home business goes here: http://www.proswords.com/
(if your interested let me know you came from LMCE for a 10% discount!)
Let me know if you have any problems, bugs, suggestions, or questions.