Author Topic: Sync / Import of Evolution Contacts to LMCE Phone Book?  (Read 2419 times)

tekoholic

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Sync / Import of Evolution Contacts to LMCE Phone Book?
« on: November 06, 2008, 07:18:01 am »
OK, now that I've got VoIP running, I'm wondering how I might go about importing my Family's Evolution Contact lists into the LMCE Phone Book??

To begin with, I've got 4 different Contact lists within Evolution.  Of these, 1 is my own Personal, 1 is my Wife's Personal, 1 is my Business Common, and the last is my Backup...

The first 3 are sync'd via Syncevolution, to ScheduleWorld, and then to our Windows Mobile Pro 6.1 phones (Nicknamed WiMPs).  The 4th, Backup, is not sync'd anywhere.

I'd like, if possible, to have all of our contacts imported or sync'd into LMCE's Phone Book.  Anyone know if this is possible?  If so, how?  I can't find Evo, ScheduleWorld, or even WiMP sync/import methods, anywhere I've looked.  Could it really be so, that nobody else has found a need for any of these?

I've seen that it is possible to import MS Outlook contacts into LMCE, but our home has been MS-Free for several years (other than these new phones, for which we had no better options yet).

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Sync / Import of Evolution Contacts to LMCE Phone Book?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 07:28:18 am »
OK, now that I've got VoIP running, I'm wondering how I might go about importing my Family's Evolution Contact lists into the LMCE Phone Book??

To begin with, I've got 4 different Contact lists within Evolution.  Of these, 1 is my own Personal, 1 is my Wife's Personal, 1 is my Business Common, and the last is my Backup...

The first 3 are sync'd via Syncevolution, to ScheduleWorld, and then to our Windows Mobile Pro 6.1 phones (Nicknamed WiMPs).  The 4th, Backup, is not sync'd anywhere.

I'd like, if possible, to have all of our contacts imported or sync'd into LMCE's Phone Book.  Anyone know if this is possible?  If so, how?  I can't find Evo, ScheduleWorld, or even WiMP sync/import methods, anywhere I've looked.  Could it really be so, that nobody else has found a need for any of these?

I've seen that it is possible to import MS Outlook contacts into LMCE, but our home has been MS-Free for several years (other than these new phones, for which we had no better options yet).

Currently, AFAIK, latter is the only option... Otherwise, we could study structure of entries in LMCE database and do the same with some scripting language that also understands your format...

HTH,

regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.