Author Topic: mythtv: location of recordings  (Read 1249 times)

Domodude

mythtv: location of recordings
« on: November 02, 2008, 01:21:26 pm »
Hi,

I have a 1TB software raid, it contains all my videos and audio. I would like mythtv to use that disk too, but right now it stores everything under /home/public/data/videos/tv_shows_*. What is the correct, safe way to change those directories to /home/public/data/videos/Software Raid 1[32]/tv_shows_* ?

A simple mv and then a symlink would be possible but this probably causes loads of problems later on. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark

Domodude

Re: mythtv: location of recordings
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 12:01:34 am »
bump. Anyone?

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 07:35:16 am »
bump. Anyone?
You can setup recording directory somewhere in MYTHTV - either in Mythtv-setup (you have it under Computing on Onscreen Orbiter) or in mythfrontend setup - when you press TV and exit to setup....

HTH,

regards,

Bulek.

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

Domodude

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 12:54:29 pm »
You can setup recording directory somewhere in MYTHTV - either in Mythtv-setup (you have it under Computing on Onscreen Orbiter) or in mythfrontend setup - when you press TV and exit to setup....
I will look for that.
I assume that something like /mnt/devices/37/public/videos/tv_shows_1 is ok to put into the myth config, then?

What happens if /mnt/devices/37 is not visible (with the automounting an what not), and myth needs to access the directory?

Thanks,
Mark

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 01:13:39 pm »
What happens if /mnt/devices/37 is not visible (with the automounting an what not), and myth needs to access the directory?

it will be (auto)mounted.
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

jondecker76

• Alumni
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 10:05:46 pm »
Were you able to change the recording directory successfully?

Domodude

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 09:39:23 pm »
Actually, I searched and did not find it in the menus that are available in the LMCE version of myth.... ???

bundie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 11:00:49 pm »
Actually, I searched and did not find it in the menus that are available in the LMCE version of myth.... ???

Hi,

On the core, run mythtv-setup. Go to the first option "1. General", click next to go to the second screen. There it says: "Directory to hold recordings"

I never touched this entry myself in a LinuxMCE install, so really no idea how LinuxMCE will handle it if you change this, good luck!

Reint.

jondecker76

• Alumni
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 12:25:02 am »
Another thing to consider.. I remember seeing in the source that when you rename the location, you must use the tv_shows_* naming convention in order for the recorded shows to show up under videos.