Author Topic: Suported hardware and purchasing  (Read 11303 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Suported hardware and purchasing
« on: February 28, 2006, 10:34:01 pm »
Ok I am having a hardtime finding a webpad. If that is the right word. Does anyone know of a quick and dirty list of webpads that are known to work. Just three or four choices if there are that many. I can only find tablet PC's so I suspect I am searching wrong.

Also if anyone knows of a company that sells them so I can get a price that would be great.

Thanks everyone.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Little more digging
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 10:46:18 pm »
I was orriginaly looking for some kind of web pad that allows a network boot. Maybe I was going about that the wrong way.

If I am reading everything right it looks like I can get a Windows CE device and somehow put the Pluto Software onto an expansion card like CF card?

That is fine I have found lots of Windows CE devices I just didn't understand how to run the Orbiter software on it.

Is this right? Am I going the correct dirrection. Get a cheap CE device and install the software on the unit it's self? How does that effect pluto. I thought the cool thing was it pulled the OS and software from the Core when it booted via DHCP and everything was configured for you.

Is that still the case when you are running it from the CF Card?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 09:49:48 am »
Hi,

We are using DT375 tablets (with Windows CE 4.2 OS) and DT366 (with Windows XP OS) which can be found at http://dtresearch.com/prod_webDT366.html.

Both tables have an expansion card. For each of them, Pluto has an Orbiter installer and you can choose your to install it (on the built-in memory card or on the expansion card).

Best regards,
Chris M.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 08:17:20 pm »
I emailed DTResearch sales, and they had a local reseller contact me to discuss what I wanted to do with it. They offered a No Obligation Try-before-I-buy and said they would ship a DT366 to me for a 15 day evaluation and if it met my needs, I buy it, if not, they'd take it back.

Cost here (US) $1600 (CE) - $1850 (XP).