Author Topic: Whats the best hard drive config for the LMCE?  (Read 2053 times)

sincityharley

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Whats the best hard drive config for the LMCE?
« on: November 03, 2008, 05:36:23 am »
I have three 500gb sata hard drives and a 40gb ide hard drive as well. Currently I have my lmce setup with the OS installed on the 40gb. I was wondering though. If I setup the os on one of the 500gb drives would that drive also store media automatically as well? Should I just leave it so that the OS is on the 40

freymann

• Douchebag
  • Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the best hard drive config for the LMCE?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 01:56:11 pm »
I have three 500gb sata hard drives and a 40gb ide hard drive as well. Currently I have my lmce setup with the OS installed on the 40gb. I was wondering though. If I setup the os on one of the 500gb drives would that drive also store media automatically as well? Should I just leave it so that the OS is on the 40

I don't know if it's the best setup, but I too have 3 x 500GB internal sata hard drives. 2 in the core and 1 in a MD.

I choose to do it that way for exactly the reason you've stated...

The first 500GB drive in the core contains the OS. Since it's a "big drive" it gives me plenty of room to store the TV shows without worrying about mapping the storage area to a different location. I'm not actually sure how you would do that.

My second 500GB drive in the core is a media drive using the LMCE directory structure, and the other 500GB drive in the MD is set up using the LMCE directory structure too.

I use the drive in the MD for backup purposes but I guess if we ever need more room for media we can easily start dropping files onto it.