Author Topic: MythTV with non-master backends  (Read 2277 times)

cg-s

• View Profile
MythTV with non-master backends
« on: November 02, 2008, 07:46:19 am »
Good morning!

LinuxMCE uses MythTV, and I'm thinking about upgrading my DVB-equipment to be able to connet more DVD-S cards. But all actual mainboards (the better ones) have max. 4 PCI slots, so I can only integrate 4 tuner in my Myth system. (I don't want to use dual-tuner)
Is it possible to add a second backend with DVB-S capture cards controlled by the master backend? I'm not able to find anything that could answer my question.

Thanks!
Chris

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: MythTV with non-master backends
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 10:10:52 am »
Tuner cards can be inserted into the core, or any media director, and will be appropriated by the entire house.

-Thom

cg-s

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 10:21:32 am »
Hi Thom!

Well, I would prefer to install the tuner cards central, and not distributed over the hole house.
So I could use a normal media director as "second backend" with more tuner cards? That would be great!
For example, the core has 4 cards, and that special media director 2 cards.
Would it then be possible to manage all 6 cards from the core? To administrate all channels, plan recordings an so on? To do everything centralized?

Chris

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 10:23:26 am »
yes.

-Thom

cg-s

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 10:30:11 am »
That's real great!
I love LMCE more and more...great stuff!

I have to get the hardware fpr my LMCE core as soon as possible!

But, please allow one more question: Is it possible to integrate an existing MythTV Master Backend into LMCE? I don't want to danger my existing, good working Myth LAN.
Maybe at least to import some parts from the MythTV database to the new LMCE core....