Author Topic: JavaMO/Symbian - howto search/sort???  (Read 1866 times)

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
JavaMO/Symbian - howto search/sort???
« on: October 31, 2008, 09:00:51 pm »
I have finally got the Symbian Orbiter client working on my Nokia N70, and it seems to work pretty well albeit a bit slow on screen redraws. The biggest problem I'm having is working out how to search media or use the sort function of the On Screen Orbiter.

Problem is, with anything approaching a reasonable amount of media, loading up the media grid is agonisingly slow as it is in Title sort mode so is obviously rendering every piece of media in that category (say Audio), and then it is impractical to browse for what you are looking for because of this (I'm talking 15+ seconds to grab the first screen image).

If I was able to change the sort mode to something like Filename this would likely speed up the datagrid rendering and make it much more practical to browse for media. Being able to do a search would be nice as well.

Does anybody know if these functions exist, and how to access them? thx!

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: JavaMO/Symbian - howto search/sort???
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 10:20:45 am »
These functions do not exist on the mobile orbiter variation. However, someone who has watched and understands my HA Designer screencasts could add them.

It's just a matter of mapping Button presses in the buttons tab to invisible bitmaps on the respective screen to do things like Goto DesignObj etc.. to go to a new screen with a way to select attributes.. this will take some experimentation.

-Thom

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: JavaMO/Symbian - howto search/sort???
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 01:45:32 pm »
hmmm.... thanks for the explanation!