Author Topic: Two soundcards in one MD  (Read 3008 times)

eNoodle

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Two soundcards in one MD
« on: October 31, 2008, 10:45:34 am »
Hi guys,

I've one MD in my livingroom. Near this room, there are two other rooms, where I'm planning to locate some stereo speaker. I know, that I can get a squezzebox to have audio in these two rooms, but I wonder, if I could add a second and maybe a third soundcard to the MD in the living room.

Is it possible to have a MD with two or more soundcards and if it is, how would I assign an EA to it? If it isn't possible, what would be the best method to add an audio zone to a room, without the need to add a full MD?

Thanks in advance,
eNoodle

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Two soundcards in one MD
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 11:09:34 am »
Hi guys,

I've one MD in my livingroom. Near this room, there are two other rooms, where I'm planning to locate some stereo speaker. I know, that I can get a squezzebox to have audio in these two rooms, but I wonder, if I could add a second and maybe a third soundcard to the MD in the living room.

Is it possible to have a MD with two or more soundcards and if it is, how would I assign an EA to it? If it isn't possible, what would be the best method to add an audio zone to a room, without the need to add a full MD?

Thanks in advance,
eNoodle
One optiion is to have SW squeezeslave player on second audio card - it should behave like normal HW squeezebox player...

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Squeezeslave_on_the_core

Regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

eNoodle

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Two soundcards in one MD
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 11:19:40 am »
thank you bulek, I'll give it a try.