i am looking for one computer: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-58016.html
configuration is like this:
Pentium 4 3.0Ghz procesor HT - EM64T, 1MB L2 cash
* 512 Mb DDR ram (2 ram slot-a, Dual Channel)
* 40 Gb S-ATA HDD 7200 rpm
* Chipset Intel 915G Express, Data bus 800Mhz
* Graphic Intel GMA 900
* 1 x PCI Express free slot....good for NVIDIA Card with DVI or maybe HDMI output
* AC '97, SoundMAX Cadenza - onboard
* Intel Pro/1000 - onboard
* 6 x USB
* 1 x PCI slot
* Sata kontroler
because i am looking for nice computer and IBM is good solution...i will watch HD movies and in future BLUE ray disc...is it configuration ok or not...
It should work.
have a couple of these machines at home for lab purposes.
I want to point out some things that may give you problems.
The spec you link to indicate a S50 with only one PCI slot.
There are versions with two PCI slots and PCI+PCie(x1).
Have not seen a version yet that have a PCIe x16 slot. Which mean you are not able to add a full featured nvidia card.
1. lmce0710 e1000 driver have problem with irq allocation on some of the S50s I have. Solution: disable onboard eth and install a intel pci or broadcom with pxe support.
2. No onboard surround sound. Solution: Add
3. Graphics. UI2 + overlay seem to work fine and so do UI1. Forget UI2+alpha.
4. Keep fans clean and set to low fan speed in bios.
Other than above the units work fine with the resolution I have tried. Basically everything below 720P works.