Author Topic: UpdateMedia doesn't seem to be working any more  (Read 2481 times)

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
UpdateMedia doesn't seem to be working any more
« on: October 23, 2008, 06:34:04 am »
I have noticed at times that UpdateMedia doesn't seem to scan in some media for a long time, and I actually suspect, at all!

I have just rebuilt my core, but I'm now seeing the same issue again - it definitely scanned in the existing media over time. But I just added a new piece of media (.avi) and it didn't find it after hours. I believe that UpdateMedia sleeps for 2mins if it has nothing to do, and then looks for any directories that have changed and scans them in if needed... right? So it should certainly have gotten the new media quiet quickly. If I manually sync it finds it just fine. In the Sync menu it can see the media on disk, but it has the drive icon indicating that it isn't in the database until I manually sync.

I also noticed some CIFS errors popping up in dmesg, so I tried switching to smbfs but that doesn't seem to have fixed it. I have tried in the past reloading the router, rebooting the system or just unticking the Update Media Daemon box and re-ticking it... all seem to have no impact...

Any thoughts??

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: UpdateMedia doesn't seem to be working any more
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 06:47:37 am »
I just tried the untick/retick that Update Media Daemon box again whilst tailing the UpdateMedia.log file.

It now seems to be running continuously. Gets the the end of /home/public/data and then goes straight back to the beginning and starts again, over and over... That's not normal is it?

At the end of each scan it talks about:
DISABLED -- Found duplicated attribute Vicious Cuts Summer 2008, pk 6385, type 3. Won't touch it. <0xb50fdb90>
for a lot of different objects, and then says it has finished deleting duplicate attributes. And starts again immediately...

Interestingly, I noticed that my UpdateMedia.log file for today was completely empty until I did the tick/untick, yet yesterday's was around 175MB!

Its a clean build, is something wrong with the daemon or is it tripping up over something in my media metadata stored in the tags???

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: UpdateMedia doesn't seem to be working any more
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 11:48:13 pm »
anybody?? Thom?