Author Topic: Update media is not doing it!!!  (Read 3886 times)

bashers

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Update media is not doing it!!!
« on: October 22, 2008, 09:50:49 am »
I'm on my second concerted effort this year to build a linuxmce system. The first almost ended in divorce

I've read and studied lots since and had a goodish system running but am now having issues with media getting lost

I'm, using an internal raid drive using pluto's structure with three users; me, the wife and the kid.
In each users/data/video we have separate video, me films, her yoga and the little ones peppa pig (hands up if you know what i mean)

the idea is that you can switch to my user in the lounge to get films, switch the the wife user to get exercise videos etc etc

easy yeah!?!

linuxmce was all working using all video in the public folder on the raid, but now I've re-arranged it it no longer works
it seems unable to re-add the moved video

i read about the fickleness of the updatemedia daemon yesterday and got annoyed and rebuilt the system losing a weeks worth of tweaking

now the media is in the right place, the system is fresh, i watched update media go through the correct video folders and add to db, but nothing is listed in "videos" on the UI!!!

PLEASE, any ideas before i blow it up go for more marriage counselling!!

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Re: Update media is not doing it!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 01:07:16 pm »
Select the user you want, either under options (UI1) or at the bottom of the videos list (UI2), type user's pin code and there ya go.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 01:35:49 pm »
You saying you have nothing in public/data/videos, only in user_1/2/3 ?

bashers

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 03:20:11 pm »
Select the user you want, either under options (UI1) or at the bottom of the videos list (UI2), type user's pin code and there ya go.

the users PIN code?

bashers

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 03:49:05 pm »
colinjones

At the moment i have nothing in public.
will be dropping all my music in there later when this all works but to speed up update daemon, its not yet.

All video and music is in either mine, hers, or his private folder and neither shows any content on any orbiter

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 03:50:59 pm »

the users PIN code?
Yes.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

skeptic

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 04:27:26 pm »
I ran into a similar issue.  Tried to put the Rated R type stuff in my directory.  Changing the user in UI2 did not make this stuff available.  I had to select the user (like a filter) and enter the pin while browsing the video files.  Have to do this every time you go into video, regardless of what user you are using.  I'm guessing this is a known bug/limitation that will eventually be addressed.  For now, it's too annoying so I moved the movies back to public.

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 10:37:44 pm »
skeptic/bashers - yes, this is a known issue. In Filename mode the user/private system does not work. It used to, but a subsequent release broke it. I have a gut feeling that I remember someone saying they had fixed it up in the trunk... so your only options are either wait for 0810 or make sure your media is all tagged and use a different sort instead of Filename (which is a good habit to get into anyhow)

skeptic

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 11:47:11 pm »
skeptic/bashers - yes, this is a known issue. In Filename mode the user/private system does not work. It used to, but a subsequent release broke it. I have a gut feeling that I remember someone saying they had fixed it up in the trunk... so your only options are either wait for 0810 or make sure your media is all tagged and use a different sort instead of Filename (which is a good habit to get into anyhow)

I don't use filename mode???  Either way, my kids are pretty good at not watching movies they know they shouldn't so it's no big deal.  I'll wait until it gets fixed then try it again.  For me it's a cool nice to have feature, but no biggie either way.

BTW, I had to look back up to see the previous posters screen name, for a second I thought you were lumping me in with people bashing LMCE.  heh heh.