So, I've been mucking around with Asterisk lately and decided to destroy my install!
Realizing what I had done, I went hunting for the original asterisk-pluto and/or pluto-asterisk packages to repair things but could not find them anywhere locally. I searched ("find | grep [Aa]sterisk") my local deb-cache and the install DVD to no avail. (I'm using the 7.10 RC2 i386 single layer ISO if that matters.) I noticed Tekoholic had similar issues...
In the meantime, I wiped the drive clean and put a fresh install to find asterisk-pluto happily running! Using the adept-manager, it shows the proper package relationships and installed files, but any information for the source package or filename is blank. (I figured the installation grabbed an updated .deb file from the repository and was going to stash it away for safe keeping.)
So, where should I reliably go to pull down the packages if I screw things up again? Apt-get recognizes that other packages depend on asterisk-pluto and pluto-asterisk but tells me it can't locate them in the repositories. Should I add another repository to the apt/sources.list? Do I need to pull down the dual layer DVD ISO? AMD64? Should I rebuild the package from the source? Just looking to make life easer in the future so that small tweaks don't lead to a 6-hour reinstall.
Lego, so far as I've learned, the only place to find the .deb's you need is on the install CD1 iso relative to your architecture (32- or 64-bit). They are hidden away within the deb-cache dir on root of CD / image. I did, in the end, copy them into the deb-cache on my own install, and have also put them in a tar.gz. I'll post it up (gimme' 10 minutes or so) @ http://www.tekoholix.com/LMCE_Asterisk.tar.gz
Anyhow, the way I fixed it, was simply to place JUST these files in a dir, and from CLI, sudo dpkg -i *.deb
Of course, you must first remove anything that might interfere with the clean install... I wrestled with that for a few...
BTW, in case it matters to anyone, after fixing my install, I DID succeed at upgrading to the newest FreePBX.
Currently running "FreePBX 126.96.36.199 on localhost", right nicely. There are errors displayed, but everything works as it should, AFAIK.
edit: Upload completed, and will be left there, so long as I don't exceed bandwidth limits. BTW, this is for the 32-bit arch, NOT for amd64.