Author Topic: Is Nvidia DualTV Dual Tuner card supported in LinuxMCE?  (Read 2038 times)

sincityharley

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Is Nvidia DualTV Dual Tuner card supported in LinuxMCE?
« on: October 21, 2008, 11:22:48 am »
I have already built a HTPC with the XP media center and I thought it was great.........until I saw the LinuxMCE OS in action. Anyhow I would like to use as many parts from my current HTPC as I can. I cant find any info though with regards to the Nvidia DualTV MCE card, which was all the rage when I bought it. I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can find a list of supported hardware? Secondly does anyone happen to know if my card is supported off the top of their heads? Thirdly while I am on the subject. How about the MSI K8N Neo4 Mother Board? Is that LinuxMCE compatible? Thanks in advance

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: Is Nvidia DualTV Dual Tuner card supported in LinuxMCE?
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 03:54:08 pm »
At a minimum it must have linux drivers and work under linux. Doing a simple google for "nvidia dualtv linux" suggests that it is several years old and didn't have support then, and not much activity since. Check the nvidia site for drivers, if yes then plug it in and see what happens, what have you to loose?! If not, tuners are cheap these days...