Author Topic: How to share media from other computers?  (Read 2104 times)

sincityharley

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
How to share media from other computers?
« on: October 22, 2008, 11:12:24 am »
Ive finally got my LMCE setup and networked to all my other computers in the house. Its found them asked if I would like to use them. I indicated yes. It ran through the procedure to set them up and asked me to restart the router. which I did (and all the computers in the house for that matters) In the web admin it shows that they are attached however none of the media on any of my other computer is available on my LMCE. Did I miss a step or is my media supposed to be in a particular folder? FYI, before I ever started with LMCE I networked my linux box with my windows box using samba so i dont know if that is going to affect anything.

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: How to share media from other computers?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 01:51:56 pm »
1. UpdateMedia will take some time to find all your media and add it to the database if there's a lot. Leave it over night.
2. Check in the file sync menu of the web admin - browse into your media, on the right a big green tick means scanned and in the database, a big drive icon means it can see it but it hasn't been scanned in yet. Confirm that at least some are being added bit by bit.
3. In the devices tree confirm that the share has the "online" tick box ticked
4. Most importantly - in the UI if you are sorted by anything other than Filename, any media that is not tagged will not show up. Almost certainly your video will not already be tagged and therefore invisible. Choose Filename sort mode to begin with to confirm you are getting something.