Author Topic: Template library  (Read 7824 times)

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Template library
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2008, 07:44:39 pm »
Hi,

I'd just like to kindly ask if anyone knows what will happen with all those contributions of new templates that were made and are waiting on Mantis - if I remember right, there was a post on forums that those contributions should be entered.... And they were, but would like to know if they are likely to be processed or are there some kind of problems expected....

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2008, 10:49:20 pm »
it is just that everybody till now tried to commit his complete "kitchen sink".

Tschak has successfully commited parts of his MAME stuff, we also have the DCS5300G from D-Link in there, and a partly working Marantz template.

Regarding the backlog, we've been pretty busy moving the stuff over and working on the build.

br Hari

OK, I promised myself I wouldn't hassle you on this, Hari - but you mentioned it... so.... :) any chance you have found that bug in the Marantz template that causes media streams to stop as soon as they start? (I think you were thinking it was because of the -ve sign in the volume)

Also, does sqlCVS only include the template definition or will it also push any binary driver and pnp script you build for the template as well?

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2008, 04:04:30 pm »
the database stores device schema.

If the device is GSD or Infrared, the device will also store the relevant code. Otherwise, the device must be provided by a package. Note that there is an entry for a Package.

READ THIS NEXT PART, AND READ IT AGAIN, AND READ IT AGAIN!

However to use this, you need to do any work on creating packages on a system that contains a build database, due to the replacement of <-mkr -> tags at build time to make a release. At Pluto, this was a dedicated system, that had been hacked to use the build database. For LinuxMCE development, I have a package box here that I can use to create package definitions. Should any of you want to create packages for devices, you'll need to do this too.

-Thom

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2008, 10:06:05 pm »
it is just that everybody till now tried to commit his complete "kitchen sink".

Tschak has successfully commited parts of his MAME stuff, we also have the DCS5300G from D-Link in there, and a partly working Marantz template.

Regarding the backlog, we've been pretty busy moving the stuff over and working on the build.

br Hari

OK, I promised myself I wouldn't hassle you on this, Hari - but you mentioned it... so.... :) any chance you have found that bug in the Marantz template that causes media streams to stop as soon as they start? (I think you were thinking it was because of the -ve sign in the volume)

Also, does sqlCVS only include the template definition or will it also push any binary driver and pnp script you build for the template as well?

i've found a bug in the web interface that prevented me from doing that change yet.

br, Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2008, 11:34:16 pm »
Does that mean that you've found the bug with the template, but you just can't fix it yet because of some issue in the web admin? That sounds promising!! It would be so cool finally to throw away the Marantz remote (especially because it just failed - the only thing I was using it for was volume control, and its those two buttons that seem to have failed!!)