Author Topic: Death threats directed at me.  (Read 8242 times)

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: Death threats directed at me.
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 11:22:49 pm »
Totally unacceptable, Thom! Yes, things can get heated at time. Even insulting, but this person should grow up and realise that it is a disagreement nothing more. And certainly not deserving of what is in all probability an illegal email. Can I suggest that you take a look at the SMTP headers and determine the sending mail gateway. From the DNS or IP we can track it back to a service provider and report it to their abuse mailbox. They can track down the account very easily from the MTS-ID...

Col

enrique.lopez

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008, 12:03:27 am »
it is possible that the mails are sent by someone you want to stop developing the project?

justdeb

• Veteran
  • Hope to become good enough to teach others
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2008, 01:49:09 am »
Hi Thom,

I am sorry to hear that some people have nothing better to do than send crap like that to you.

It is a sad thing when individuals have to resort to this - because of a comment that you may or may not have said upset them.

I myself like others here value your contributions and would be sad to see you leave.

Regards

Justin

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2008, 04:34:23 am »
like i said.. i'm just gonna let it go. said person probably doesn't have the balls to carry it out.

-Thom

HorstJ

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2008, 08:34:43 am »
To read about this behavior makes me sadden and angry.

It's true that I heard/read your "magic words" before, but THAT is absolutely no way to treat somebody ( especially no dev  ;) ).

Please, keep up your excellent work and I think all of us - 1 would be very sad ( and even more helpless  ;) ) if your leave this project in any way!

pcbastard

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2008, 08:00:25 pm »
Thom,

I know you don't want this thread to continue on forever, but I think I need to say something.

I think what you are seeing is an immature person responding to your "negative" encouragements.  I, for one, was bothered by your use of 4 letter words when some new person made a post that irritated you and you ate them for lunch.  You have a very articulate way of being nasty to others that offend you (or doesn't seem to get it).  No one deserves to get threats from mental midgets, but you do piss people off.  Just tone it down a bit and the idiots will disappear. 

I think you are a kick ass person and would seriously miss your contributions to this project.  I have also gotten over your rants.  That is just you.  People need to accept others as they are.

Keep up the great and interesting work.  I look forward to more of your youtube video's and friendly face.

Leo

uplink

• Administrator
  • Guru
  • Linux and LinuxMCE witchdoctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2008, 11:41:54 pm »
There's one thing you can do with death threads: go to the police. It's good for them to have stuff on record. Even if they don't and/or can't do anything about it before you're dead (God forbid).

On the other hand, those people that hide behind a monitor and thing they're cool by picking up on people, they only care about titles. If you strip any chance for them to be called "cool" because of their actions, they'll... probably not stop, but instead go onto highschool shootings and then kill themselves, thinking that they're fighting for their precious _title_. Not that it means anything to the rest of the world, but it means a lot to them, and they think that taking their title away is like taking their lives, jobs, home, etc. away from them.

Only if stupidity hurt... but it doesn't. Actually, those are the people that suffer the least.