Author Topic: LG 32LC7D setup issues  (Read 12684 times)

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: LG 32LC7D setup issues
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2009, 11:05:01 pm »
progress made, I can now turn the LCD on and off from the command line. The only thing that I did was to connect a cross serial cable to both ports and send some commands back and forth, now I am not sure if this woke the ports up, or maybe when I reconnected the cable to the TV something happend, but now it works. The only problem is that now the web admin site will not let me select a com port (it is greyed out), and I notice when I do a router reload it says
"Not starting device LCDblahblah - device is disabled"
Why cant I select a com port, and why isnt the device staring up?

*edit- found out the greyed out issue with the com port

I still cant get LMCE to communicate even though the command line works perfectly now.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 11:25:07 pm by krys »

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2009, 01:54:31 am »
*edit- found out the greyed out issue with the com port

Just out of curiosity, why were the com ports greyed out?
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 05:51:29 am »
I had it manually configured under device data on the template and didnt realize it was the reason that it was greyed.
I still can not figure out why lmce is disabling this device

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2009, 07:07:23 am »
I ran TailDCERouter.sh to see where my commands were going, and it looks to be sending the commands to the right place whether I send from an orbiter or from the admin site, here is the line generated when I sent vol down from the admin site

08      01/12/09 0:00:47.815            Received Message from 0 (unknown / ) to 205 (20LS7D (RS232) / Bedroom (Other)), type 1 id 90 Command:Vol Down, retry none, parameters: <0x420ffb90>

205 is the lcd screen and it is hooked up to the Bedroom (Other) MD. Does this look like it is sending it correct? It looks fine to me, I just have to figure out why the router is disabling this device at startup and I think I can get this thing working.
Suggestions are welcome!

maybeoneday

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2009, 07:40:21 am »
Hi Krys,
you've probably seen it allready but in wizard -devices-gsd  there's a check box  "disable device",make sure it's unchecked  and reboot  (poss reload router).......similar thing sent me bald    :D

regards
Ian

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2009, 04:14:15 pm »
yes I was surprised to see that checkbox there also, however I unchecked it and reloaded the router and it was still disabled so I restarted the MD and when the router is loading it still says "not starting device- it is disabled"

maybeoneday

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2009, 11:46:59 pm »
Hi Krys,
iirc the check box kept ticking itself,  I do recall a number of hard  boots, of core tho' not md,
and I also seem to remember that I'd entered 8N1 incorrectly in  device data in dev template at some point , but can't for life of me remember if that's what the cure /reason was.
Also, I had probs with my setup at that time, with  some changes apparently not "sticking" unless I shut down and rested the core for 20 mins or so, before rebooting, got to be worth a try,( I really must start taking notes, brain fried )

regards,
Ian