Author Topic: Better Media Organization / Browser  (Read 56049 times)

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Better Media Organization / Browser
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2008, 07:56:15 pm »
Sure have, I want to clarify though that where I mentioned doing builds for the variations I was talking about using XBMC's engine.  I also asked if it would help anyone if I went ahead and made a skin to make it match LMCE's current UI.  I really have played with HAD and am not sold on it after working with it.  I can do the same things...well...much more even with XBMC's engine in a fraction of the time it takes to make even small changes in HAD.  I don't have endless hours to skin for LMCE so HAD is pretty much out for me until it's functionality is improved.

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2008, 08:27:52 pm »
That's really nice and all, but what good would having an lmce skin for xbmc exactly do us?
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2008, 08:34:12 pm »
I don't have the skillset to integrate XBMC myself, but I am able to help with this effort.  I can make the skin match LMCE's which would be better integration then is available currently with MythTV.  Again, MythTV's backend would need to remain intact, but the frontend can be replaced by XBMC

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2008, 08:56:57 pm »
So this xbmc skin would then replace the mythtv frontend UI... that we want to get rid of anyway.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2008, 09:07:58 pm »
yes, I think the real key is the reason for wanting to integrate it.  It gives users more options for other backend solutions other than MythTV.  It would also make it easier for people to migrate to LMCE by allowing them to try it and start using it before scrapping their current builds.