Author Topic: Can I make scenario to show something on Orbiter and get back to prev screen ?  (Read 4270 times)

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
Hi,

I'd like to make event handlers for motion sensors outside of the house.
I'd like to switch Orbiter to show coresponding camera (easy done with goto screen command), wait for 30 secs (I guess delay command), but then I'd like to switch back to whatever screen Orbiter was showing...

Is latter possible to do from event handler settings via web-admin ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
yes, you can use DCE to show specific screens.
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Hello bulek,

I'd like to make event handlers for motion sensors outside of the house.
I'd like to switch Orbiter to show coresponding camera (easy done with goto screen command), wait for 30 secs (I guess delay command), but then I'd like to switch back to whatever screen Orbiter was showing...

what do you want to achieve that is currently not included in the standard security camera handling?

rgds
Oliver

bulek

• Administrator
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
Hi,

thanks for responses... The main question is if I can remember current screen the Orbiter is in, so when timeout goes by (for instance 30 secs), I can switch back to whatever screen the Orbiter was before....

It's fairly easy to switch to certain screen, wait for some time, but the problem is how to switch back to previous screen ? Can I somehow remember the screen (I know I could do it in external code)... The question is if this is possible in web-admin setup of event handler or in scenario ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
bulek,

instead of going to a screen, you mind want to look into Popups. They go away automatically, afaik.

rgds
Oliver

PS: I do not know, if that works from the scenarios, but it does work just fine from the Designer

bulek

• Administrator
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
bulek,

instead of going to a screen, you mind want to look into Popups. They go away automatically, afaik.

rgds
Oliver

PS: I do not know, if that works from the scenarios, but it does work just fine from the Designer

Hi,

thanks for info... Can I find any more info on what can I display on popups ? I guess that cameras cannot be shown.... I'm just curious what are my options withou using Designer...

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
I have no idea, but I would try starting with HADesigner (or QuickDesigner which, imho, is easier to work with), and see what kind of DesignObj exists, and see if you can call any of those from your scenario and see what happens.

rgds
Oliver