Author Topic: I'm so close to being done.  (Read 2355 times)

joshr219

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
I'm so close to being done.
« on: December 14, 2008, 08:54:34 pm »
Ok, so I have been posting some questions on here for a couple weeks now. I am so clsoe to have my box up and running. I just need to get my S/PDIF Optical to work. In the AV wizard I pick SPDIF Optical and I hear the music being played then I press enter. The next screen is the Dolby test and the second screen is the DTS test. I cannpt hear either so I pick no. When I pick no on the second screen (DTS) my computer locks. I let it sit for approx. 4hrs and nothing moved. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I am so close to having this Hybrid done. I just need to get past this. PLEASE HELP! :-\

seth

• Guru
  • A day w/o LinuxMCE is like a day w/o sunshine!
    • View Profile
Re: I'm so close to being done.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 04:14:28 pm »
 :)
I would answer yes, yes, yes and then after the system comes up, use alsamixer from a terminal session and turn on all of the IEC958 stuff. I noticed that a few times in the AV Setup Wizard, that I did not get sound, and you want to be honest and answer "No", but in the end, doing so tells LMCE not to configure your optical output.

Try it again, aswer, "Yes" to all sound prompts, if you hear it or not, then after the system comes up, open a term session to it, and play with the alsamixer settings.

How I did it was, I fired up a dvd, got it playing, and then from my laptop, logged into the MD and launched 'alsamixer' and played with the options, until there was sound.

Give it a try, can't hurt.

Regards,

Seth
".....Because Once you've LinuxMCE'd....."
System stats located at my user page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Seth

joshr219

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 01:47:18 am »
:)
I would answer yes, yes, yes and then after the system comes up, use alsamixer from a terminal session and turn on all of the IEC958 stuff. I noticed that a few times in the AV Setup Wizard, that I did not get sound, and you want to be honest and answer "No", but in the end, doing so tells LMCE not to configure your optical output.

Try it again, aswer, "Yes" to all sound prompts, if you hear it or not, then after the system comes up, open a term session to it, and play with the alsamixer settings.

How I did it was, I fired up a dvd, got it playing, and then from my laptop, logged into the MD and launched 'alsamixer' and played with the options, until there was sound.

Give it a try, can't hurt.

Regards,

Seth

Ok I'll give that a try. Is there a way I can change it inside the KDE desktop? Like say click the "Audio" tab and change it to the "S/PDIF TosLink?" Also I accudently change the Multi track recording to IE958 Input and it won't change back what do I do about this?

joshr219

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 07:32:25 pm »
So I tried what you to me to do, Seth. But it still locks up if I click yes on DTS test. Is there any other way? Say possibly thru konsole?