Author Topic: Just a couple stupid questions...  (Read 9608 times)

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: Just a couple stupid questions...
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2008, 01:34:49 pm »
colinjones,

there is a wiki entry on the provider 1und1, which details what needs to be setup, if you have your core not connected with a public IP address.

re Z-Wave thermostats: Tschak, the Z-Wave thermostats only do setbacks, and not full control of the heating. IMHO, a setback of 4 degrees celsius should be enough, but thatcrazyperson123 explicitly stated he does not want it.

rgds
Oliver

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2008, 01:37:41 pm »
there are z-wave thermostats for central air, etc.. not just for radiator couplings.

-Thom

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2008, 11:57:26 pm »
Oliver

Now you mention it, I remember I did start by reading that article. I noticed that the [global] section it mentions doesn't exist, it is supposed to be [general] so I have fixed that bit up.

Not being sure I continued reading on more general Asterisk sites and because I have a fixed IP I ended up dumping the externhost and externrefresh and used externip instead. Finally, I put these in the /etc/asterisk/sip_nat.conf file instead (as this is an include file) and added the nat=yes option although I'm not sure that this last option is necessary, but it is the one I was referring to that tells the peers whether to use the IP address in the packet header or that embedded in the payload with the To and From verbs.

Do you think I should create a new, more general wiki page for setting up these types of VoIP with this info? I'm just concerned about giving people red herring info when I'm not 100%... but it definitely worked for me...

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2008, 12:11:39 pm »
colinjones,

yes, do a general page, and modify the 1und1 one accordingly, i.e. remove the stuff in there, and just point to your new page.

Makes a lot of sense to me.

rgds
Oliver

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2008, 01:00:43 pm »
there are z-wave thermostats for central air, etc.. not just for radiator couplings.

-Thom

yes, intermatic ca8900 (or sth like this) for US and some UK company for 220V systems.

best regards,
Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

skeptic

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2008, 10:37:50 pm »
colinjones,

yes, do a general page, and modify the 1und1 one accordingly, i.e. remove the stuff in there, and just point to your new page.

Makes a lot of sense to me.

rgds
Oliver
Agreed.  I'd be happy to test it out and work through any issues I find.  I probably will not have time to get to it for a month or two but I will get to it and report back (or update the wiki) for corrections/additions.

It would also be convenient to include the list of pre-configured providers in the wiki, although it's possible to get that list by pretending to install and noting the providers listed.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2008, 07:28:47 pm »
colinjones,

just let me know, once you have created that page.

rgds
Oliver