Author Topic: Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150 (NOT the MCE edition) and language settings  (Read 4946 times)

tony_hawks

• View Profile
Hello! My hybrid is working (more or less  ;) ) and i've a few questions.
1. I have a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150 (NOT the MCE edition) with the remote delivered with the card. TV-card is up and running with my hybrid, but the remote is not working (IR-Receiver plugged in the card). How can I set up this remote? It is a popular tv-card. Is there a way to get it working from the pluto-admin interface -> media directors? The system recongizes the card but not the remote?
2. I can change the language for the users to german, but there is no result. Everything still in english. Is there a way to have a german GUI on the MD? In the LinuxMCE setup i changed the country to germany but the keyboard-layout stays english until i change it in the pluto-admin inteface. It would be very helpful to use the information you get from the user.

Thanks for the replies.

tony

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150 (NOT the MCE edition) and language settings
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 11:36:52 pm »
you may want to go to the web admin, wizard, media directors page, and set the IR transciever for your media director, there...

however, I highly recommend getting a USB UIRT. it is plug and play, and has learning capabilities.. an IRTrans USB transciever is also another good option.

also, you can install the orbiter software on any windows system, or use the web orbiter to control the system. If you have a PDA, install onto that...etc.

If you have a supported cell phone (Symbian, Windows Smartphone, java-based) you can also install the orbiter onto it and use it as a remote.

-Thom

tony_hawks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 11:55:21 pm »
First of all:Thanks for the fast reply!
That's what i wanted: go to the admin interface and get my remote working. Which settings do i have to use for the remote in "Infrared remote you want to use" and in "Infrared Receivers" in the MD setup? I even don't understand why the card is listed in "PVR Capture Card" and if i choose it the other two settings are not updated? Has there ever be a WinTV-PVR-150 Card shipped without a remote? Or am I thinking wrong? I know it is not possible to support every card from every manufactor, but if the card is listed?

tony

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 05:17:27 pm »
yes, there is. The PVR-150 MCE does not ship with a remote.

-Thom

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 05:21:57 pm »
Also, it seems we don't have the LIRC driver supported/compiled for the transciever on the pvr-x50 cards.

I would suggest re-reading my original reply, for alternatives.

-Thom

tony_hawks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 12:17:37 am »
ok, i see.
WinTV-PVR-150 and WinTV-PVR150 MCE are not the same cards, same chip but other layout and componets, so: all WinTV-PV-150 were/are shipped with a remote  ;)
The WinTV-PVR-150 MCE is not been sold anymore by hauppauge (in germany).

greez,
tony

tony_hawks

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 10:52:38 pm »
Ok, the remote is now working! ;D
Is there a way to integrate a calendar into LinuxMCE?
Did someone get the MediaMVP to work as MD?
Do all the MythTV plugins work with LiuxMCE?
What about the language prob?
Questions, questions ...

Greez,
tony

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 11:04:31 pm »
there currently is no calendar for lmce, but i do plan to add a few things to the orbiter, this being one of them, eventually.

the mediamvp can work as a simple player, talk to tkmedia. But I really recommend actually booting a full media director instead.

the mythtv plugins will not work with linuxmce, they do not integrate at all, and we will never support running them inside linuxmce. With that said, we're trying to add the majority of functions that DO exist in mythtv plugins as native orbiter plugins.

Why, you ask?

because MythTV is not a house-wide interface.

Orbiter is.

Orbiter can replicate user interfaces to any and every display surface in a house, and we intend to leverage that to create house-wide apps that exist everywhere at the same time. The first is instant-messaging functionality.

Language internationalization is currently one of the many big issues that will be tackled in the long term.

-Thom

tony_hawks

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 03:19:33 pm »
Thanks a lot for the answers! If i can support you with the german translation, let me know.

Tony

akslug

• First post!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 11:11:00 pm »
Hi Tony (or anyone else reading this...),

You mentioned you got the PVR-150 (non MCE edition) IR receiver (the one which plugs into the back of the card) working, I was wondering how you did that? I'm unsure how to load the lirc_i2c module (which I think is the correct module) and get it to communicate with the LIRC_DCE device (or control the system in general, I'm still a little unsure how everything talks...).

Things I can currently do include

Code: [Select]
modprobe lirc_i2c
cat /dev/lirc0

which shows a single unrecognizable symbol every time I hit a button on my remote. So I can get a signal into the computer, I just don't know what to do with it from there.

Any help or hints at all would be appreciated, Thanks!
Chris