Author Topic: surveillance for home  (Read 6327 times)

slow_learner

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: surveillance for home
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2008, 01:56:05 am »
Success!!

went back to the wiki pages to read over again the "IP Cameras" article to see if there was anything I missed, than took your advice to see if I could simulate an image capture using a web browser.  Once getting that to work i created an analog IP camera under the motion wrapper, and after some more tweaking, and a router reload, it worked.  Now i can keep an eye on my 7 week old baby!  I posted here my setups for my Panasonic IP camera.

in the configuration field:
netcam_url http://192.168.80.***/cgi/SnapshotJPEG?Resolution=320x240&Quality=Standard
netcam_userpass [username]:[pswd]

Next question is how to I configure LMCE to be able to utilize the pan/scan functionality of this particular IP camera?  there are not setup fields in the device screen that seem to relate to moving the camera lens.

Can anyone give me a place to start for this problem?

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
Re: surveillance for home
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2008, 02:13:47 am »
Success!!

went back to the wiki pages to read over again the "IP Cameras" article to see if there was anything I missed, than took your advice to see if I could simulate an image capture using a web browser.  Once getting that to work i created an analog IP camera under the motion wrapper, and after some more tweaking, and a router reload, it worked.  Now i can keep an eye on my 7 week old baby!  I posted here my setups for my Panasonic IP camera.

in the configuration field:
netcam_url http://192.168.80.***/cgi/SnapshotJPEG?Resolution=320x240&Quality=Standard
netcam_userpass [username]:[pswd]

Next question is how to I configure LMCE to be able to utilize the pan/scan functionality of this particular IP camera?  there are not setup fields in the device screen that seem to relate to moving the camera lens.

Can anyone give me a place to start for this problem?

Not sure, haven't used such camera yet, but... When you click on pan/zoom buttons, then probably proper DCE command is sent to camera device (or parent) and motion probably doesn't do anything on this command....

HTH,
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.