Author Topic: Other Media Centers  (Read 28766 times)

freymann

• Douchebag
  • Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Other Media Centers
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2008, 05:40:34 pm »
I can say I'm officially done with LMCE.  Thanx to tschak909 and Zaerac they have inspired me to write up a full review of my LMCE experience and it's comparison to VMC and why I made the switch.

So zaerac and tshak909 prepare yourself for more sleepless nights,  my post will be coming soon.

Wow, you certainly have taken a beating here in the forums. I was reviewing your posts this morning.

I honestly wouldn't bother writing up a comparison of VMC (whatever that is? do you have a link?) to LMCE. It reminds me of the blurb I wrote "Why I Left LMCE for MythBuntu" when I was frustrated. It was medicinal for me but nobody here really cared. With all the flack you've gotten why waste your time?

If LMCE hasn't satisfied your needs then that's OK. There's nothing wrong with moving on to another project. Maybe you'll try something else out after that too? That's the joy of choice and personal satisfaction. Move on knowing you will be able to take the knowledge you've gained poking around LMCE with you and that knowledge will likely make using other installations easier on you. You've lost nothing but gained plenty of (hopefully) useful experiences.

I think it's pretty obvious that beyond the lack of features you would personally like see in LMCE, the main reason for your departure is how you've been treated here in the forums. There are several of us that reply in a courteous manner and some of the newbie repeat questions that are old school and annoying to some of the regulars now have well documented answers in the wiki that we can point to as reference, which is certainly a step in the right direction.

I'm purposely keeping my reply very very generic while at the same time acknowledging your complaints about the project. Just let it die there and move on and who knows, perhaps one day you'll revisit (like I did) and have a better experience.

Good luck!

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2008, 06:27:14 pm »
 Wow, you certainly have taken a beating here in the forums. I was reviewing your posts this morning.

Amazing isn't it, he comes in here and starts punching people out of frustration with his own incompetence, and then receives a beating.  Who could have guessed?
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

jgaffney

• Douchebag
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2008, 03:57:59 am »
Touchscreens are not supported without UI2, as I posted earlier children who cannot read will be using them.  And who wants to use a MEDIA center that can't display graphics and looks like it's from 1982?

It obvious I've touched a few nerves here.  Hmmmm......   If LMCE was as good as advertised that would not be the case.

But again,  the lack of help and attitude from the LMCE community speaks for itself.

Good work guys ;)

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2008, 04:36:10 am »
1982? really?

wow, what a reach.

can't display graphics? what do you mean?

If your kids can't read, shouldn't you be teaching them how to read? I was starting to read at 1 and a half years old.

That aside, there is extensive documentation on either:

(1) using touch screens on media directors, or ... even easier...
(2) installing the media director software (which is linked from the web admin login screen), on a touch screen PC to control an adjacent media director....

but....

I guess, you couldn't be bothered doing that, and just expect the system to do it for you, while chewing your food, wiping your ass, or sucking your... well, you get the idea...

Seriously, man. If you're going to rant..and rave..and scream... at least get the facts straight... or we'll just continue rebutting your claims with....FACT!

*lick-your-cheek* have a nice day, sweetie.

-Thom

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2008, 04:58:25 am »
What touch screen doesnt work? my ipaq touch screen worked and so does the one on my gateway laptop.

just curious...

Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

Brandon_w

• First post!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2008, 09:16:56 am »
ummmm

YEP so does my Sony UX.

AAAANNNNDDD my three year old niece uses it..

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2008, 11:14:06 am »
he's talking about UI2

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2008, 11:15:01 am »
But again,  the lack of help and attitude from the LMCE community speaks for itself.

*muahahaha*

it is just a few people in here like you that behave like idiots commiserate themselves.. poor you :-)
If you look at how many people are in here asking sane questions and getting sane responses, fortunately the "dumbass" share is pretty small, under 1%.

wait... why do I feed you with popcorn?
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2008, 11:16:01 am »
he's talking about UI2
you are aware that UI2 was designed for gyros and not for touchscreens?

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2008, 11:24:00 am »
Yes, Hari, of course I am... I was clarifying the point for golgoj and brandon before we went off on a tangent!

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2008, 11:44:05 am »
Yes, Hari, of course I am... I was clarifying the point for golgoj and brandon before we went off on a tangent!
ah ok..

jgaffney

• Douchebag
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2008, 06:02:23 pm »
Of course I was talking about UI2, I stated that multiple time throughout this thread.  Colinjones picked it up, not sure why the others couldn't, or just more selective reading I guess.

Yes, hari, I realize it wasn't "desinged" for that, but maybe it should be.

Good to know there are some decent people out there (fremann).  But my claims about the general attitude and low class replies are reinforced with everyone of tschak909, Zaerc, and hari's posts.

Seriously girls,  It just work for me. Get over it already.

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2008, 06:11:45 pm »
no sorry, i can't. I will code everything for you, but please do not stop using lmce!! We need your positive input and your great contributions to the community!! Really.

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2008, 06:19:19 pm »
Of course I was talking about UI2, I stated that multiple time throughout this thread.  Colinjones picked it up, not sure why the others couldn't, or just more selective reading I guess.

Yes, hari, I realize it wasn't "desinged" for that, but maybe it should be.

Good to know there are some decent people out there (fremann).  But my claims about the general attitude and low class replies are reinforced with everyone of tschak909, Zaerc, and hari's posts.

Others didnt pick it up because you were making no fucking sense. I just wanted to make sure you assertion was a stupid as it sounded. At least we have a 3 page archive on why you dont post stupid shite ;)

Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

jgaffney

• Douchebag
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2008, 07:30:15 pm »
And still going.... Add golgo to the list of "no class".