Author Topic: Multiple telecom trunks?  (Read 3610 times)

b4rney

• Guru
    • View Profile
Multiple telecom trunks?
« on: April 15, 2009, 01:06:02 am »
Just got an account with sipgate.co.uk. Thanks to wiki articles (and forum posts) I have it working.

Anyone know if I can have more than one sip supplier and use one for incoming calls and another for outgoing calls?

Reason for this is:
Supplier 1 (sipgate) has given me a local number (DID)
Supplier 2 does not provide this service but has better call rates

Still using 710 at the moment.
Barney

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple telecom trunks?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 01:14:52 am »
Not at this point.

-Thom

b4rney

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 01:20:40 am »
Thanks Thom
:(
Barney

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 01:54:57 am »
Not at this point.

-Thom

Thom - are you sure? I originally had two SIP providers setup quite nicely. One I used for business calls and the other for personal calls. I just used a dial-plan rule so that if I prefixed my call with a specific number, it would route via one provider, if not, the other. Seems to me that b4rney would not even need that... just have all outbound calls routed to one provider, and only publish the other provider's phone number for people calling you which would mean their calls would come in on the other provider... true, this would mean that your outbound calls would have a different CLI number from the one you give to other people, but....

b4rney

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 11:22:48 pm »
Hi Colinjones,
Thanks for the input.

I've just received a Siemens 475IP phone which allows for 6 voip accounts to be registered on the handset. I think I can set asterisk as one but set my cheap supplier as the default for outgoing calls. I've attached the base unit to the internal (192.168.80.0) network. I'll report back.

Barney

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 12:03:02 am »
I was referring to setting up multiple trunks on Asterisk, only one connection from the handset to Asterisk, then multiple trunks out...

b4rney

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 12:16:18 am »
Yes, I understood that. It was my initial question and would be my preferred set-up.

How easy was it to set up? I guess I just add it in freepbx?

I will experiment and let you know.
Regards
Barney

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 12:21:43 am »
Yes, I just added it in the admin console... it wasn't something that I had to "workaround" as such or anything like that. It was just a feature in the admin console, so I added multiple trunks (had 3 at one point) and configured the dial plans to direct the calls appropriately.... it just worked. Although I would note that I believe I bypassed some of the stuff on the LMCE side by going direct to the Freepbx console, not realising... but it didn't seem to cause problems.... I think one of the downsides of the Telecome configuration is, if you can't use the setup wizard to configure it, then it needs to be done manually from the admin console - problem is, some configuration needs to be done on the LMCE side, other bits need to be done on the Freepbx side, and it is far from clear which is which, and which overrides or breaks which!