Author Topic: Broadvoice voip  (Read 2638 times)

Newguy2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Broadvoice voip
« on: October 16, 2008, 10:10:36 pm »
hi guys,

I'm looking at changing over to broadvoice from vonage due to the vonage restrictions regarding asterisk.  My aim is to enable my setup to alert me of security alerts and make use of the telecom features in linuxmce.  1)  i've read conflicting reports regarding viewing live video feed on a mobile phone. Some posts note that only pictures taken a the time a sensor was tripped is relayed to your cellphone(windows mobile or javamo). Others mention video, which one is possible??  2) I was looking at getting the sipura 3000, but it seems to only have one ethernet port.  Is it necessary to have two ethernet ports in order to connect it to the internal or external network ethernet card on the core, or can i just connect it to a switch? Is the setup for voip as simple as just using the wizard?   Thanks guys, sorry im bringing up old questions, but some things are no clear after reading many conflicting posts.

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
Re: Broadvoice voip
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 12:11:28 am »
hi guys,

I'm looking at changing over to broadvoice from vonage due to the vonage restrictions regarding asterisk.  My aim is to enable my setup to alert me of security alerts and make use of the telecom features in linuxmce.  1)  i've read conflicting reports regarding viewing live video feed on a mobile phone. Some posts note that only pictures taken a the time a sensor was tripped is relayed to your cellphone(windows mobile or javamo). Others mention video, which one is possible??  2) I was looking at getting the sipura 3000, but it seems to only have one ethernet port.  Is it necessary to have two ethernet ports in order to connect it to the internal or external network ethernet card on the core, or can i just connect it to a switch? Is the setup for voip as simple as just using the wizard?   Thanks guys, sorry im bringing up old questions, but some things are no clear after reading many conflicting posts.

1. To my knowledge a snapshot is sent to the phone and not live video
2. With the Sipura 3000, you connect the Ethernet to the internal side of lmce. And you plug your analog phone into that and configure it as an asterisk extension which is pretty simple.
3. Voip setup is pretty simple with broadvoice, i have it and use it daily with my spa-3102 (analog phone adapter).

hth
-golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

Newguy2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 02:06:38 am »
thanks for the reply golgoj4!!! ;)

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 05:01:41 am »
Just for clarity, you don't need to connect it directly to the core's internal interface. Plug a switch into that and then plug all your LMCE devices into that switch, including the sipura