Author Topic: PVR-150 Remote  (Read 770 times)

tamadr

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
PVR-150 Remote
« on: September 23, 2008, 04:07:39 am »
Has anyone had any success setting up linuxmce to work with the remote that came with the pvr-150? I found one howto online but I couldn't get it to work. When I look up the add device wizard, there are several different options to add a remote control...anyone have step by step instructions on how to set this up? The ir receiver isn't a usb receiver, it plugs into the pvr-150 card, and also has the ir blaster attached to the same plug.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

rodercot

Re: PVR-150 Remote
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 02:20:30 pm »
Dave,

You should search the MYTH wiki and see if anyone there has had any luck with this IR. but to avoid any hassles and espescially if you want to control your A/V gear as well, you may just as well pick up a Uirt transceiver and be done with it, it will make the LMCE experience both easier and less painless to setup.

Dave

bblboy54

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 08:38:17 pm »
Dave,

I am very new to LinuxMCE but I've had a PVR-150 with blaster for quite some time and, in my experience, the remote portion has worked flawlessly in just about every MythTV set up I have used.  I have to say, however, that since the newer kernels have been coming out the IR blaster is a headache (especially under Ubuntu kernels).  I have yet to get it to work with MythBuntu.

It's sad to see it coming to this but it seems like as Linux starts gaining more exposure the developers are forgetting that many people who use Linux use it because they don't have to constantly upgrade their hardware unlike those that run windows.  This is especially true, again, in Ubuntu based distros.

I haven't given up hope on getting my PVR-150 remote to work both ways with LinuxMCE but I'm starting to :(

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 09:52:31 pm »
Please, do yourself a favour, and buy a USB UIRT, and a Xantech 286 double emitter.

You'll get the remote control, but you'll also get A/V control of your TV, aMplifier, Cable box, etc.

-Thom