Author Topic: GUI Improvements  (Read 39108 times)

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: GUI Improvements
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2008, 05:16:24 pm »
I actually think that for now I am going to mess with some of the images just to make it a little more slick... I think that the UI is great functionally (there are a few things that I would change) but it mainly just needs to be sexier. I have done graphic design work in the past for web sites and this is pretty much just the same thing. Basically I will be just making a new skin for now as opposed to adding buttons and moving menu's etc. Once I get a really good feel for each menu and how it relates to my setup I will start messing with layout, plus I dont want to do anything major until 8.10 comes out. Speaking of 8.10 should we expect this as an early X-mas present or will it be more like a Happy Easter timeline?

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2008, 05:23:43 pm »
We're working as hard as we can on the 8.10 release. We just built alpha's last night that a few of us are testing.

As for skin modification, cool. Yes, it is basically just changing bitmaps. Any designobjs that do not have matching bitmaps in their respective skin folders will fall back to Basic.

As a start I typically copy the Basic folder to my new Skin folder, and work from there.

I would suggest at least installing the Orbiter software on a windows machine, to test the UI1 variations. You should do all the variations, even if you don't use them, because others will.

-Thom

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2008, 11:03:28 pm »
I started laying down some graphics for the Game remote that was in the screencasts, luckily I have Photoshop at work so I can do all the graphic design in my downtime and just ftp it home so all I have to do at home is just substitute. Its looking pretty sweet, I just need to make sure that it works the way I envision it, I might post some teaser shots when I get a little further along.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2008, 11:07:29 pm »
awesome

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2008, 09:46:32 pm »
jeez this thing is looking sweet, hopefully I will have time over the weekend to get this first remote functional in HAD, I decided to make a remote for the MAMe player that you used in the screencasts. 8)

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2008, 09:49:13 pm »
Cool? got a screenshot? I can help guide you as to what is possible.

-Thom

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2008, 11:01:14 pm »
I have posted a thread showing off original Pluto 1 skins, so that you guys can see.

http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=6650.0

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2008, 04:25:41 am »
Thom,

I cant seem to figure out the install instructions for the HAD, How do I set up the Grant?

USE mysql;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON pluto_main.* TO odbcuser@192.168.80.xxx IDENTIFIED BY 'odbcpassword';
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

am I supposed to set this up from the core, or from the machine that will be running HAD? Is this a command I type in somewhere or do I actually use mysql? Sorry but this just isnt making sense right now.
Thanks,
Krys

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2008, 05:22:10 am »
You type this in mysql on the core. Open a shell to start mysql with:

Code: [Select]
mysql pluto_main -uroot

-Thom

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2008, 09:19:49 pm »
Thanks for stickin with me, I opened a shell, started mysql (on the core) got the command prompt

mysql>

I typed in the commands as specified and all that happened was it dropped down a line and indented with a "->" symbol
Is this all that was supposed to happen? I got no confirmation that anything actually happened, and when I try to create the system DSN i get a SQL_ERROR cant connect to mysql server on local host.

Thanks,
Krys

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2008, 09:42:13 pm »
the command must end with a semicolon. It gave you a -> prompt because it thought you wanted to type something in addition to what you already typed.

-Thom

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2008, 10:44:51 pm »
Should I be putting something in the server blank when setting up the DSN? I still cant connect at this point. I believe that I got the core setup correctly, but when I click on test I still get the error

[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2008, 11:07:10 pm »
Dude. Please read the instructions. It tells you to put the address of your core (192.168.80.1) in the server field.

-Thom

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2008, 03:46:02 pm »
Thom,
Sorry for wearing down your patience, I just looked again at the wiki and didn't see anywhere where it tells you to put the core's IP in the server blank. Thanks for the heads up though I will try that when I get home.
Thanks,
Krys

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2008, 04:39:34 pm »
krys: can't await your mockup :-)
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation