Author Topic: Wanted: LinuxMCE consultant for short term project (1 mo)  (Read 9421 times)

ndholakia

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Wanted: LinuxMCE consultant for short term project (1 mo)
« on: February 18, 2009, 04:45:56 am »
My company is looking to build a demo that showcases our products in Home Networking and Device Management.  We'd like to leverage LinuxMCE as a platform and UI construct.  As such, we're looking for a consultant(s) that can help us with the following:
- create rebranded skin (given our art and concepts)
- create plug-ins to proxy our applications and services

The rate we are willing to pay is commensurate with experience and qualifications.  Candidates must be willing to start within 1 week.

Thanks.

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted: LinuxMCE consultant for short term project (1 mo)
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 05:09:45 am »
I assume you are aware that you can't just take LMCE and create commerical products out of it?

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 05:15:58 am »
You'll need to get a license from Pluto to do this, first.

Once you've done this, you can contract me out to do these things. I know the code-base the best of all the core devs, and have done all of the things you have described.

Serious inquiries only.

-Thom

ndholakia

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 05:45:20 am »
I assume you are aware that you can't just take LMCE and create commerical products out of it?

Our objective is not to make a commercial product out of LinuxMCE.  We are looking for a platform to demonstrate _our_ products as part of Digital Home Experience.  LinuxMCE is the most complete "experience," I could find.  Example products and services we would like to integrate (for the demo) are things like home healthcare monitoring (BT blood pressure cuff with backend monitoring services) and smart metering appliances.  Indepdendently, and with discrete interfaces, services such as these have less appeal.  But, as part of a larger, integrated, digital life experiece - they become intuitive. 

ndholakia

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 05:51:53 am »
You'll need to get a license from Pluto to do this, first.

Once you've done this, you can contract me out to do these things. I know the code-base the best of all the core devs, and have done all of the things you have described.

Serious inquiries only.

-Thom

Please help me here.  We're not planning on redistributing LinuxMCE in any form or fashion.  We only want to use it as part of a demonstration we are building of how _our_ value added services (which we already sell) fit into the "Digital Home" of the future.  Would we still need a license from Pluto to do this?  If so, could you provide a contact -- the plutohome.com site hasn't been working (in its entirety) for some time.  I thought they went out of business.

Thanks,

-Neil

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 06:00:20 am »
If you'd like to, email me with a complete set of specifications of what you intend to do, and I will quote you back an estimate.

You can use the private message feature here to do so.

-Thom

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 06:12:48 am »

Our objective is not to make a commercial product out of LinuxMCE.  We are looking for a platform to demonstrate _our_ products as part of Digital Home Experience.  LinuxMCE is the most complete "experience," I could find.  Example products and services we would like to integrate (for the demo) are things like home healthcare monitoring (BT blood pressure cuff with backend monitoring services) and smart metering appliances.  Indepdendently, and with discrete interfaces, services such as these have less appeal.  But, as part of a larger, integrated, digital life experiece - they become intuitive. 

That sounds cool! Keep us in the loop of what you and Thom get up to :)