Author Topic: Adding customized buttons to Orbiter menu  (Read 4699 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Adding customized buttons to Orbiter menu
« on: February 10, 2006, 09:39:35 am »
Hi,

I have connected Pluto with Misterhouse (MH) - so MH actually controls his devices - Pluto only sends messages for its child devices.

I have pretty good multizone audio setup under MH and also have a feature of mixed ambient music and prerecorded messages, that is mixed on the fly. What I would like to start that player and stop it from Pluto - but even more - it would be nice if it's possible to add for instance two buttons to media menu in Orbiter to start/stop that.

What I'd like to specify text that would be shown on button and attach message that will be send when pressed.

Is this possible in some easier way or one has to design buttons by himeself ?

In MH we have some useful scripts, so user only specifies text, and buttons are automatically generated (based on certain button base  picture) in simple manner.

I guess there will always be users wanting to put something on their own into screens....

If I think further also some general way of easy integration of custom icons on floorplans would be great too...

Any opinions, advices ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 12:56:32 pm »
there's a way for anyone to add buttons, etc., make changes to UI.
you need to download a package with dll's and stuff,
the link is here: http://plutohome.com/support/index.php?section=document&docID=32
if you got problems with connecting HADesigner with mysql please reply.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 01:35:36 pm »
Quote from: "dan.g"
the link is here: http://plutohome.com/support/index.php?section=document&docID=32

Hi,

thanks for info. IMHO this procedure is a bit too hard for users to do...

So I guess no easy option for now....

Regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 08:56:05 am »
this is the tool that i use when i work on UI.
it's not very friendly but this is the only solution, for now.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 02:46:51 pm »
Quote from: "dan.g"

Hi,

I wonder if this is possible with current state of SW:

- user creates new button in HADesigner ?
- can this button be added to main Pluto menu ?
- can use add specific action/message that will be triggered when button selected ?
- in one way custom buttons are added with scenarios - but I'm interested in adding custom button that will trigger configurable DCE message ?

Also I'd lilke to extend my question to adding customized devices to floorplans ( I think this is crucial feature of open systems - let users add their own devices to  GUI floorplans) :
- is it possible to define/add new device (for instance brightness sensor, or window open/closed contact sensor) to floorplans ?
- are those devices selected to be shown on flooplans by their type, category ?
- can custom icons be uploaded for those new devices ?
- can user add its own devices or categories so certain devices are shown on floorplans ?
- are currently devices that are shown on floorplans taken from database or hardcoded in plugins ?

I'm putting together home automation system with lots of devices and this feature is crucial to me....

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 09:20:19 am »
this tool i use to make new screens/ buttons, so you can add a button where you'd like.
on main menu there's no space left so this is a tough one.
you can add a certain action/command to a button but you'll need to know what you're doing.
for ex. if you want to turn on a light, you need to send an ON command to lighting plugin and from light plugin the command reaches the light inteface and light switch

-i think the brigthness sensor is added to devices, but i'm not sure. so you can add it to floorplan, if not, please add a mantis and i'll try to include it on our todo list, not in features request.
the sensor for door is already there
-the devices are sorted after category, so you can't have a door sensor on media/ light floorplan.
-the icons can be customized. the icons can be found in /usr/pluto/orbiter/skins/basic/icons/ and there's a table icons on pluto_main, that's the only way to do that now.
-basically all the devices that can be controled should have a filed in device data called Floorplan Info
-i'm not sure about last one; i think the devices are taken from db. the plugins only send commands to them.