Author Topic: NOOB Needs Help and Visuals on Pluto Front-end w SqueezeBox  (Read 2713 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
NOOB Needs Help and Visuals on Pluto Front-end w SqueezeBox
« on: February 19, 2006, 02:17:02 pm »
Guys,  I've been through various product forums trying to figure out how to pair a wifi and/or wired touchscreen (PDA or Touchscreen) to act as a slick front-end to the SlimServer / SqueezeBox product.  I don't care for the JRiver architecture of relying on the SoundCard at the PC for distribution, instead, I like the idea of a high quality DAC feeding a local amp for zoned music playback.

Problem is my audio / amp equipment is NEVER located where users are located.  So It's not convenient to rely on the controls provided by a standard SqueezeBox configuration.

So, from reading thru this forum it appears Pluto could be my solution?  I'm looking for a slick, jukebox interface that kids and the wife can use on a wifi PDA or larger, 7" touchscreen (aka Zenarc style) in the kitchen or bedroom to display / select music for their zone and also see Album Art, easily browse the file server music collection and maybe even invoke other plug-ins like mood selections, etc.

Can someone walk me thru (and preferably show me screen shots) of how they may have something currently up and running?  How hard would this be to do for someone who is moderately technical?

BTW, Cinemar MusicLobby and MovieLobby is EXACTLY the style interface I'm trying to create for my family.  Unfortuantely they are married to the JRiver Architecture.

Thanks for any sogo's!

Bradesp

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 10:24:15 am »
if you like the MusicLobby interface, have a look at xlobby. Its a free version and is very nice to use. I've been looking at using it as a interface to a pluto system running on windows, but not spend much time on it yet.
http://www.xlobby.com

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 10:18:44 am »
Basically you'll store all your media on a server and play all around you house, on media directors or other streaming devices, like squeeze box players.
you'll have a common interface and control entertainment areas (all media: pvr, dvd, videos, music), lighting, telecom, climate and security devices.
on plutohome.com website we have all this info explained in details with screenshots. the installation is simple to do, even for a non-teckie.
you just need a spare computer where you install pluto and other pc's to do a network boot all around teh house, where you have a tv or a sound system.