Author Topic: Quick and !DIRTY! fix to a messed up media library by the UpdateMediaDæmon.  (Read 2640 times)

Emiku

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
If you, as I did ran UpdateMedia in the wrong place and got your media library messed up, this might help you, USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

run the mysql client.
connect pluto_media;
delete from File;

Go to the web admin, media, do a resync and Voila your media library should look alot better.

again, USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

This worked for me!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 07:28:06 pm by Emiku »

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Quick and dirty fix to a messed up media library by the UpdateMediaDæmon.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 06:44:35 pm »
NO! DO NOT DO THIS!

This is very much akin to launching a pebble at an automobile windshield!

The join tables between File and File_Attribute, and other join tables will be affected, and each subsequent change to the media database will cause errors to happen (as you add additional files and change things with Cover Art or ReSync files.), and your database will become more and more corrupt as time goes on.

again, please, do not do this, this is stupidity at its highest level. Trust me, I found out the hard way, before studying the database schema in detail.

-Thom

NO! DO NOT DO THIS!

Emiku

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Quick and dirty fix to a messed up media library by the UpdateMediaDæmon.
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 07:27:29 pm »
I Agree, the data integrity gets corrupted. But as a last option, before using a nuke - for the time beeing, this was acceptable for me.

Can you inform me on another way to clean the media database, without re-installing the whole system?

- Emiku

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
There isn't one, other than using the web admin, copying the file to a safe place, and then using the delete from the web admin to remove it.

-Thom