Author Topic: quick question: where do i find default values for function keys? (f7 f1 f2...)  (Read 4021 times)

roberto99

• Veteran
  • ...dreams of becoming a LMCExpert
    • View Profile
hi all
just a quick question: where do i find what is the default value/function of the function keys f7 f1 f2 ect. just after installin lmce?
(i need it to configure my nintendo wiimote and just hitting the keys on may keyboard did not really help me to understand)
Thanks in  advance
cheers
Roberto

roberto99

• Veteran
    • View Profile
anybody?

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
dont really understand the question. so you mean what do they do in the AV Wizard or what do they do in Orbiter? If the latter - F6/7/8 are the Media/Menu/Env controls.... it does look like the others were intended to do something in times gone by, as they react and in different ways, but I don't think they are significant any more.... F6/7/8 are the primary ones. In AV Wizard they control the output connector and resolution, you can find all that info by searching the wiki for the AV Wizard

roberto99

• Veteran
    • View Profile
What I want to do is to set up my wiimote buttons to my needs. so I would like to know which "F-Functions" to write in the configuration files (refer to http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Nintendo_WiiMote )
I thought there are more F-Keys I can use in the file. So is this not correct? only f6/7/8 are usable?

seth

• Guru
  • A day w/o LinuxMCE is like a day w/o sunshine!
    • View Profile
Perhaps I can take a stab at this:

F1 Call ups the overlay menu
F2 Clears the overlay menu
These options are both replaceable by using:
F7 - Calls up the main menu overlay (Choices)
F6 - Call up the Chapter/channel and FFwd/Rwd screen (Control)
F8 - Calls up the Lighting/Volume control screen (Ambience)

The button chosen as the "Left Button" is the activator key and the button chosen as the "Right Button" acts a the dismissing key (clear screen, exit out of current display)

These are all in relation to UI2 Masked or Transparent.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Seth
".....Because Once you've LinuxMCE'd....."
System stats located at my user page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Seth

roberto99

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Super, thanks!