Author Topic: USBUIRT now what?  (Read 9291 times)

Bodyhat

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: USBUIRT now what?
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2008, 06:20:10 am »
@jondecker76

I haven't made a template and maybe that could be my problem (trying to be optimistic) can you direct me where I can find info on that. Thanks

jimmejames

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 05:52:55 am »
I'd also be interested in the answer to that, as well as the following:

I ordered two Hauppauge PVR-150's that come with the MCE remote and kit.  Will I have any trouble getting things set up for the transmitters that come with that kit to control my satellite boxes (2 identical ones, one installed on the core and one installed on the MediaDirector)?  Or, should I have gone with the plane-jane version of the PVR-150 and grabbed one or more USBUIRTs?  Can a USBUIRT control multiple devices?  Multiple identical devices?

Did you find an answer to controlling multiple identical devices?  I would like to get dish/directv and put at least 2 cable boxes in a closet with the core.  Then, have remotes on the media directors be able to watch/change channels and record what I choose.  Ideally, I could put the cable/dsl modem, core, cable boxes, whatever in one closed with a dedicated circuit break for that closet and AC to keep it cool. 

Anyone with a similar setup?

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 06:18:17 am »
to control more than one identical device, you either have to:

(a) get another UIRT, and have the second device as the child of the second UIRT device in the tree, or
(b) get a GC-100, and use two of its ports.

-Thom

jimmejames

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 03:01:16 pm »
Thanks to all-

Dave- that is exactly what I was looking for

seth

• Guru
  • A day w/o LinuxMCE is like a day w/o sunshine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 03:14:07 pm »
 :)
I use 2 Dish Network receivers. A 522 DVR (PITA with the fracking RF tuner) and a 301 single receiver.
First, on the receiver you are changing the code on, get up the menu, settings, remote code section.
Second, grab the remote, press and hold the "SAT" button, and then a number from 2 to 9 (its set at 1 currently) this changes the remote code, and after this is done, use your USB-UIRT and re-learn the codes. For instance I have a 522 template using code "1" and a 301 template using code "6".
After changing the remote code, using the front panel arrows and "OK" button, change the remote code number to correspond with for the above example "6". That should be it, to test, exit out of the menu with the remote.

After that is done, depending on which tuner is called, the UIRT will fire the right set of codes, and your issue is resolved  ;D

Happy watching and Regards,

Seth
".....Because Once you've LinuxMCE'd....."
System stats located at my user page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Seth