Author Topic: New Z-Wave driver  (Read 79259 times)

johanr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: New Z-Wave driver
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2009, 05:02:32 pm »
Aha! amazing.. and that you could see on the message that was being sent  :o

no, having issues with my ISP connection so I couldn't download a fresh one(actually did not know it was being updated regularly)
Ok, so I download a fresh one then. Thanks!
 :)

-johan

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2009, 06:01:41 pm »
aeh no. I meant "fresh installation" not "fresh media".

best regards,
Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

johanr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2009, 11:33:26 pm »
ok, need to specify more I think. The install is what I call "clean install" meaning that the disk is wiped during install(also used another hdd than the 64bit installed one since I have all media still on that one)
The driver is however the latest downloaded(wget) from your site (sorry for the Su-31 btw it's a nice plane)

Funny thing is that now when I rolled the driver back again just to get it working for the week.  I can still not add any devices using the tricklestar. It turns red really fast, as it was reading the info sent and denied it. But the Seluxit is responding again :)

-johan

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2009, 12:02:24 am »
reset the dongle with the web gui and the remote with the procedure from the manual. Then do the download configuration procedure. After that add your devices with the remote. Do all that with the new driver. I've had an issue once where the remote did not allow to add new devices until a reset, just flashing red.

best regards,
Hari

johanr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2009, 03:54:53 pm »
ok, Thanks. Will try that as soon as I get back home(later this week) just found the manual for the tricklestar.

-johan

yannko

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2009, 03:57:31 pm »
Hello  :),

back to some questions about Z-Wave (Seluxit controller and Merten range of products).

I have both Merten push buttons with 2 and 4 ways (respectively 5071xx and 5072xx), which I can use as controller / administrator of the system. My issue is that when I use, for example, the 2 ways button with 2 dimmed-lamps (both are switched and dimmed on and off at the same time by the push button), the info is not sent in linuxmce (for example the floorplan is not updated). If I switch separately each of the lamp in the floorplan, the correct info is then displayed. How could the push button function sends correct status of the devices, or communicate correctly with the Seluxit controller? I run the latest driver that you posted in this topic Hari for 7.10.

My second question is, how to associate the specifics pushing actions of the button (left up, right down, etc...) with a given device (example, left down switches dimmer A on/off, right up switches relay B on/off)?

Last question, do I need absolutely to run Seluxit configuration software in Windows at first, or can I perform all these steps directly in linuxmce, and if yes how (just few hints to understand the principles)?

Thanks a lot for any help, it will be greatly appreciated  ;)!

eNoodle

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2009, 04:49:57 pm »
Hey yannko,

I do not own a merten stick, but I also use the Seluxit controller. There was no need to use the Windows software with the Seluxit. However, for association the offered beta software from Seluxit is absolutely ok. You can connect the Seluxit controller to a Windows machine, configure the associations to your needs and then reconnect it to your core (or MD) again. (I powered my core off before I unplugged the device and reconnected it).

I used the Seluxit software to assign all commands to the Seluxit controller, now I get the status submitted to linuxmce correctly.

I do not own any merten switches, but I have some ACT Homepro, they support up to four groups (commands). I either assign them via my ZTH200 (Zwave Remote) or I use the software. I guess you can do the same with your push actions.

eNoodle

yannko

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2009, 02:32:02 pm »
Hi eNoodle,

Thanks a lot for your help. I also don't use the merten stick, because it's not supported by linux kernel as wrote Hari.
I tried the solution that your proposed me, but I still can't associate my 4 way switch to make different actions.

If you use the seluxit software, do you configure the devices with the "Start Learn Mode" at first?

How do you make it directly in LinuxMCE without using at all the seluxit software?

Thanks by advance for your help!

eNoodle

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2009, 04:33:41 pm »
Hi Yannko,

it should work from within LMCE. Choose your Zwave Interface, Send Comand -> Set Association. Here you have to specify the Sender, the Group and the Transmitter. However, I didn't get it to work within the Webadmin, so I now use the Remote to associate devices.

Using the Seluxit Software is also possible. If you plug in your controller and start the software, you should see all your devices. You can then choose the device of matter, right click on it and choose "Set Association" (could be named something else, I'm not in front of my core right now, so I don't know the correct wording). You can then also choose the group (which represents your four functions). I guess you couls also set the association from within the property box on the right hand side, but haven't tested this.

eNoodle

yannko

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2009, 07:08:24 pm »
eNoodle,

Thanks again for your answer. Well, it's really tricky: if I use lmce to send the association groups, I have one light which is correctly associated, and the second not, when I check after in the Seluxit software. And I have no way at all to set the group association in Seluxit software, I can't control the group association. I have just the "Associate to node" action from the right click menu, when done on a given node (one dimmer or relay for example), but no group association.

I would like to do the following setup, consisting of a Seluxit USB controller, a Merten 4 way switch (5072xx), and 2 Merten relays.

Association group 1 of the 4 way switch (left top) to switch on the first relay. Parameter number 0 (?).
Association group 2 (left bottom) to switch off the first relay. Parameter number 1
Association group 3 (right top) to switch on the second relay. Parameter number 2
Association group 4 (right bottom) to switch off the second relay. Parameter number 3

Is there something to do with the "parameter number" for each of these groups? What does it exactly represents?

Also the main thing would be to have these infos correctly updated on the orbiter's floorplan.

Which version of lmce are you running? Do you have your floorplan correctly updated when using your 4 way switch?

Many thanks!

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2009, 07:20:10 pm »
the n-way things are a bit tricky. Z-Wave is not a "bus", so only the addressed devices see commands. The code usually adds an association for the regular switches and dimmers. So when they are operated locally, like the merten ones, they also send a command to the core, as we are in group 1. When they are operated remotely, they don't send a command to their group 1 associated peers.

Solution: Read out the association of the remote switch and store them in the DB (the new code already manages the child devices on its own and stores e.g. capabilities for each device, learned from the node info frame at association). We then put the dongle of the core into all groups of the remote switch. So every button press sends a command to the core, too. We then have to traverse the association list and send commands to request the actual levels from the devices. This was already implemented as proof of concept for the ACT remote switches, but abandoned as it forced me to read all associations at every startup in the past. You cannot do that for battery powered remote switches. There is also a new remote switch device template in 0810, so this will work on the long term. For now, the network is polled after 30 seconds of no activity, so you still have the correct floorplan status when you use the orbiter to check if you left the lights on in a room for example.. and you seldom toggle a light and then instantly jump to the orbiter to see if the status is correct (except for testing :-) )

best regards,
Hari
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 07:22:24 pm by hari »

yannko

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2009, 02:58:24 pm »
Hari, many thanks for this very complete and technical answer. I finally managed to do everything I wanted using the Merten software, and then passing the configuration to LinuxMCE on the Seluxit controller.
This main issue I had with Merten binary switches (battery powered) could be solved like that, and the polling every 30s effectively updates the floorplan in the Orbiter.
It's nice to see the progresses of the Z-Wave development, thanks a lot for all the support!  :)

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2009, 06:49:10 pm »
You are welcome. Reminds me that I need to code an improved job handler.

br, Hari

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2009, 06:03:38 pm »
the 0810 z-wave package from yesterday has regular thermostat support. Would be cool if somebody could test it, I have none here..

br, Hari

pga57

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2009, 09:03:04 pm »
Hello Hari,

Yesterday we discuss (on irc) a problem I had with my zwave setup.
After correction of my setup, the network worked again.
But this evening I does not work anymore, without changing anything :-(.
I've just configurate last evening some timed events to open and close my 3 electric stores.
I've post my zwave log at http://pastebin.com/m192ed64a

Can you look at it and explain me what's append ?
The error begin at 08:37:48.

Thank's,
Philippe