Author Topic: Dreambox. The ultimate LMCE tuner.  (Read 3429 times)

DreamBoxer

• First post!
    • View Profile
Dreambox. The ultimate LMCE tuner.
« on: September 08, 2008, 06:12:10 pm »
I did a search on Dreambox in the forum and found very little has been done around this machine. Wouldnt it be the perfect tuner for LMCE? It does support all known CAMĀ“s, TV formats and handles HD. It is built to stream video/audio and being remotely controlled over TCP/IP. I dont suggest using it via analog frame grabbing, that would be a waste of image quality, but to make LMCE able to recieve the TCP/IP streams and send control commands back to it over the same network connection. Some of the LMCE developers should really look into this. Dreambox are compatible with DVB-T, DVB-C and DVB-S. It has CI. It COULD use softcams and CS, but i dont suggest it. Those "grey" features are not what is important. The ability to stream video/audio/EPG and be controlled over network are.

And it is a linux machine. It can even act as a NAS if You put a disc inside. I guess the firmware could be modified even further to suit LMCE. VLC easily intercepts streams from Dreambox if that is of any help. And i would gladly lend a Dreambox to any of the core developers for examination and testing. I know a lot of Dreambox people who can supply indepth information on the "box side" of the coin. It with be AWESOME to have full support for this amazing machine from within LMCE. ;D . The price of the Dreambox has dropped a lot. The basic models with networking and CI only cost about 150 EURO new. And if that is too much there are always a bunch of second hand units available at a fraction of that price. I bought a used DM500-T today for 75 EUR. Works perfect. 
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 06:25:38 pm by DreamBoxer »

domotiqa.com

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • home automation
http://www.domotiqa.com - home automation