Author Topic: Non MCE tv tuner cards with MCE remote  (Read 3147 times)

darkman

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Non MCE tv tuner cards with MCE remote
« on: September 06, 2008, 08:23:40 am »
Hello all, i am new to this forum. AS with everybody else i am thinking of building a hybrid pc.

I have one question regarding TV Tuners. I have previously bought a MCE remote controller with its IR blaster. I now want to buy a Hauppauge HVR 1300 card (No MCE). I think this card comes with its own remote controller.

My question is: Will the MCE remote i bought work with the tv tuner or the tuner needs to be the MCE version so as to work?

thank you in advance

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Non MCE tv tuner cards with MCE remote
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 07:28:04 pm »
The remote and tuner combinations are two different things.

With what you said though, I recommend instead of buying an HVR1300, to get an HDHomeRun, it is fully supported by LinuxMCE, and is plug and play..

As for IR transcievers, please.. do yourself a favour and buy a USB UIRT with a Xantech 286 double emitter.. Again, plug and play integration, and you gain the ability for IR learning, so that you can control your IR gear.

-Thom

darkman

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 08:49:48 pm »
thanks for your reply.

I was actually concidering the ones you mentioned but there is one main issue there. I am in Europe and as far as i know, i cannot get neither hdhomerun nor USB UIRT :'(

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 09:57:51 pm »
The guy who does USBUIRT ships internationally (I bought one and had it delivered to Australia) - the HDHomeRun is ATSC only (US system), but for the last year they have been promising a DVB version, was supposed to be out at least 6 months ago but is still in testing... believe it should be on the market any month now! But it doesn't necessarily mean it will still be plug and play. If not, I imagine it won't be long before that is added...

zug

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • High Tech Pad
Z-Wave,  Peripherals, Licenced Media Directors and Cores now available with European-wide Delivery at www.hightechpad.com.

jamieaus

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 10:27:59 am »
HD HomeRun is now available in Australia,

Has anyone tried this to see if it works?

http://www.hdhomerun.com.au/

Thanks

Jamie.