Author Topic: Strange Busybox error  (Read 2302 times)

Afkpuz

• Guru
    • View Profile
Strange Busybox error
« on: September 07, 2008, 02:33:01 am »
So, I had a working system and think I broke it.  I ended up taking out a harddrive.  I also checked the jumper settings.  Then, after a reboot, I got a busybox error.  This guy's post has a photo with the exact same error I got. 
http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=2596.0

So, then after reinstalling, I still get the same error.  Anyone know what could cause this?  I can't put the old harddrive back in because it failed.  Plus, I have had this exact hardware setup work before.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Monkgs

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Strange Busybox error
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 08:02:22 am »
LinuxMCE selects the partition to boot off of based on a unique partition ID. If you changed hard drives, then this ID will be different.

To boot temporarily hit "e" during the grub boot, you'll want to highlight the kernel /boot/blahblahblah line. Hit "e" again. Change root=UUID=234234234234234234 to root=/dev/sda1 or /dev/hda1 depending on how your system is setup. Then hit B to boot the system. Once booted you'll want to run the blkid utility and modify /boot/grub/menu.lst and change the part after UUID= to match the UUID of the partition you got from blkid.