Author Topic: A/V equipment disappear (again!) when I set GC-100 as the controller  (Read 3127 times)

pcbastard

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Grrr.

I had this problem before.  If I set the Controlled by setting of any A/V template to my GC-100 and restart LMCE, the A/V template disappears.  The GC-100 serial port works fine for my Insteon PLM, but none of the IR outputs work anymore either.

Does anyone know which logs might help me troubleshoot this problem?  Or can I simply delete the GC-100 config and recreate it (hopefully without having to redo the Insteon PLM template)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Leo

jondecker76

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: A/V equipment disappear (again!) when I set GC-100 as the controller
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 01:02:08 pm »
I doubt this is ut, but try to use the drop-down box in the web admin to view all entertain areas (its towards the top of the A/V Devices page). Maybe the devices are there, but are just being filtered out from display? (I've never used a GC-100 before - but have hadd really good results with USB->Serial adapters)

pcbastard

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 12:50:21 am »
Jon,

It's definately gone.  If I set the controlling device to my usbirt, the A/V device sticks around forever.

I may find the courage to just remove the GC-100 and have the core re-detect it.

pcbastard

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 04:29:42 am »
Anyone know how I can troubleshoot this problem?  I haven't a clue at which log(s) to look at.

Thanks.

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 07:33:52 pm »
Anyone know how I can troubleshoot this problem?  I haven't a clue at which log(s) to look at.

Thanks.

Try the ones in the /var/log/pluto directory.  Running TailDCERouter.sh may give some clues too.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 07:36:21 pm by Zaerc »
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous