Author Topic: PLCBUS scenes (vs Zwave?)  (Read 8553 times)

ddamron

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • My LinuxMCE User Page
Re: PLCBUS scenes (vs Zwave?)
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2008, 02:10:27 am »
Groups are readily supported in Insteon as well.  I'm sure Dan would and I definitely would like to coordinate to implement Insteon scenes as well.

Speaking of that...

Pete, I think I found an easy way to implement Scenes (Groups Commands) in LMCE, Let me run it by you...

You already know I spider the network.
when I see new devices, I add them, and read their database.

I then store the database in the CONFIGURATION devdata added (by code) to the device itself.

From that point on, I only read the database delta.  If it's changed, I redownload the database.

Now, Since I have all the databases in the configuration, finding groups is easy.

Here's my proposal:

create a NEW DEVICE (eg. SHOWTIME Lighting).  Treat that DEVICE as an independant light...

That will, in turn, allow GROUP functionality in Insteon networks without having to 'warp' DCE Message Interceptors...

What do you think?

I know this is getting off topic, sorry guys.

All the best,

Dan
The only intuitive interface is the nipple.  After that it's all learned.
My other computer is your windows box.
I'm out of my mind.  Back in 5 minutes.
Q:  What's Red and smells like blue paint?

A:  Red Paint.

chrisbirkinshaw

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: PLCBUS scenes (vs Zwave?)
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2008, 01:40:15 pm »
Presumably this would mean that I could attach a group to a transmitter rocker switch, and assign no lights etc to that group but just use this to get messages into LMCE? So with a bit of ruby code we could have wall switches which turn music on, change the volume etc? That would be really cool!

My own idea is that in each room I have a double rocker. The first controls the lights in the room, and the second controls music playback. Tap up once to increase volume, tap up twice to skip song, tap up three times to pause, etc.

Chris