Author Topic: How does the satellite list get populated?  (Read 3233 times)

yowl

• View Profile
How does the satellite list get populated?
« on: September 03, 2008, 02:16:12 pm »
In the admin web page for VDR, there is a place where you can upload a channels.config file and a list of satellites is displayed with a "pick" hyperlink against each one?  Where does this list come from as my satellite (Astra 28E BSkyB) is not in it?  I have a WinTV Nova SD-2 card and I've successfully run the scan command to get a list of channels.

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: How does the satellite list get populated?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 02:47:54 pm »
That is exactly where it is. Ignore the drop down for TV service, in the box below you can browse for your custom .conf file and hit upload.

yowl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 04:43:44 pm »
That is what I've done and I've got a list of satellites but my satellite is not there.  Are you saying it will accept another .conf file (aside from channels.conf) which lists the satellites?

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 10:55:56 pm »
I'm saying that the channels.conf file is the output from your scan command. If you scanned and found channels 1, 2, 3 and 4, say, it should have put those details in the channels.conf file. Which you then upload with that web page. Once uploaded, you should see those channels as available in VDR in the EPG and also by surfing channels. Its just a tuner file that you need to populate first - check that it is properly populated with channels meaningful to you...

yowl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 11:24:55 pm »
Ok, thanks.