Author Topic: Various Questions  (Read 2233 times)

billlava

• View Profile
Various Questions
« on: September 03, 2008, 03:57:58 am »
Ok guys, I previously installed LinuxMCE over a previous installation of kubuntu, and it worked for a while, but then I messed some things up and kind of lost hope and gave up.  I'm getting ready to give it another go, but I've got some questions I was hoping you guys could help me with.  First, if I install from the DVD and not the cds over a previous kubuntu install, will it actually take out everything on my hard drive or can I choose a single partition to have it overwrite?  Second, what kind of support can I get for my Nvidia Geoforce 8800 GTS card?  I noticed that that card wasn't being detected or used by LinuxMCE, so I tried to install the driver using the installer from Nvidia's site (which worked with Gentoo back in the day.)  Then I edited some files to make that my default video card, and I started getting problems getting KDE to boot up and so forth.  Any ideas?  What can I do to get this up and running?

billlava

• View Profile
Re: Various Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 04:05:14 am »
Ok, I saw that the entire hard drive will be erased, but can anyone help me with the video card?

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Re: Various Questions
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 01:34:05 pm »
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous