Author Topic: Flickr and messagesend = messy  (Read 2467 times)

Exebat

• View Profile
Flickr and messagesend = messy
« on: August 21, 2008, 04:32:55 pm »
Hello guys

I use MessageSend to send command to play media from a site build with php, no problem there.
The problem is that when i do so flickr just freezes up and i tried to use messageSend so refresh flickr but nothing happen i must go to the dcerouter and right click on nthe mouse or it just stay frozen for ever

Any ideas on how to adress this problem?

Many thx Exebat

royw

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Flickr and messagesend = messy
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 09:06:43 am »
Please clarify, is it the screen saver that is locking up or the retrieval of photos from flickr?

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 06:00:29 pm »
are you sending a message to PSS before starting your media, to stop the screen saver? If not, that is probably the reason - read the DCE router log and copy the commands that are sent when the UI does the same thing

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 03:36:55 pm »
*hmm*

you guys are making it _TOO DAMN HARD ON YOURSELVES_

use the MH Play Media command to trigger any media, and make sure it's sent to the right entertainment areas. If you do this, the Photo Screen Saver will stop itself automatically (because the video pipe tells it to.)

DO NOT talk to the DCE Players directly, let the Media Plugin handle it, send all your media play commands to the Media Plugin's Media Handler commands (MH) and let it handle it.

-Thom