Author Topic: LMCE Launch manager: Fatal I/O error. Client killed - Loop?  (Read 3408 times)

ldiener

• View Profile
LMCE Launch manager: Fatal I/O error. Client killed - Loop?
« on: August 29, 2008, 05:48:42 am »
This is a tangent from my original post "Re: AMD 64 - Clean install problems - seeking divine intervention" .  I searched on the message I'm getting (subject of this thread) and didn't see anything relevant except http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=5407.0

The latest on my installation is that the LinuxMCE 0710 install package seemed to install without incident.  It did take a while though and there were a few "fail" messages that flashed past the screen.  I chose the option to run the LMCE as the default and open KDE if needed.  and opted for a "core-only" set up.

Upon reboot, I get a rapid series of rising tones and then the system enters what seems like an endless loop of blank screen followed by an "[OK]" in the upper right corner, followed by blinking cursor in the upper left corner of the screen, followed by text at the bottom of the screen that says "LMCE Launch manager: Fatal I/O error.  Client killed"

[Overnight update]  I let the system run ver night and now I'm seeing an repeating message of "lmce_launch_manager: cannot connect to X server :0".  I can't seem to break out of this but if I press "ENTER"  I'm prompted to log in to DCEROUTER$.  I can't seem to enter mu username and password fast enough to beat the next error message.  Pressing Alt-F2, Alt-F3 brings up propts for tty2, tty3 respectively. 

This appears to repeat over and over until I kill it with a ctrl-alt-delete.

Any thoughts?

Larry
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 12:50:58 pm by ldiener »

ldiener

• View Profile
Re: LMCE Launch manager: Fatal I/O error. Client killed - Loop?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 06:20:02 pm »
Dave,

Thanks for the informative article.  Since I'm not prepared to (or capable of) recompiling the kernal at this point, it sounds like the path of least resistance is to revert to the hardware that has been absolutely shown to work and is documented as such in the wiki.  Thanks for your encouragement and guidance.

Anyone wanna buy a slightly used xfx nForce 750a motherboard ;)?

Larry

jondecker76

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: LMCE Launch manager: Fatal I/O error. Client killed - Loop?
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 08:12:05 pm »
As far as I'm aware, we are only using the stock Kubuntu kernel, so I don't think a custom kernel stands a pretty good chance of working fine