Author Topic: Lite-On Blu-Ray Drive Problems  (Read 7642 times)

usaf-lt-g

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Lite-On Blu-Ray Drive Problems
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 06:05:59 pm »
Alright well here's another question in regards to my network then to support this.

I replaced my Network Switch with a Gig-E switch. The Switch indicates that the server which is plugged into the switch is running at 1000Mbps. However, the other media directors, and computers running in different rooms indicate that they are only running at 100Mbps. I know that the house was wired with Cat5e. However, I'm wondering if it's because of my termination block in my closet that might be causing the issue. Are there different termination blocks now a days which are only 10/100 capable, and others that are 1000 capable? I would have figured that the termination block would be the last thing I would need to worry about but now I'm questioning myself. Also, I'm wondering if the "wall-plate keystones" are also different and have different bandwidth capabilities? Any thoughts?

usaf-lt-g

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2008, 04:16:52 am »
Interesting... so if it's 568A, it'll only support 10/100 ?

usaf-lt-g

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2008, 06:07:53 am »
Lol... damn installers... They made half the connections 568a and 568b, I switched those, pretty much everything now is running 1000, other than 1 MD which only has a 10/100 nic... ugh... I still can't find info on playback of HD or BD content however.

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2008, 11:58:57 am »
Interesting... so if it's 568A, it'll only support 10/100 ?
wrong
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2008, 11:59:50 am »
Correct,

568a uses 2 or 3 of 4 pairs which 100 can work on 1000 needs 4 pairs which is 568B.

Dave
crap. The only difference between TIA-568A und TIA-568B is that pairs 2 and 3 are swapped.

br ,hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

seth

• Guru
  • A day w/o LinuxMCE is like a day w/o sunshine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2008, 02:00:39 pm »
 :o
Wow. 30 to 40G for a movie.
(Passes Out!)
Here is I think how I am going to proceed with the Blu-Ray issue. LMCE is in fact not only a media center, but a media control station. I have it on a pretty good track, that I am getting a Blu-Ray/Netflix player for Christmas. I noticed this when one of my Netflix mailing covers went missing, (yes I will create a template :) )as I do not have HD TV Yet, and my big screen TV is far from ready to fail, I may just use a capture or pvr card to get the signal from the Bul-Ray player into my system, and let LMCE and my USB-UIRT control it.

I can remember the first time I ripped a normal DVD with LMCE. 7G. I was not expecting this. But now 30 to 40G. I know storage is cheap, but wow. Perhaps going forward, when the bits are written to have a css and dvdread piece of software for Blu-Ray players, I will get one for inside an MD or a Core. But as I have had a wonderful experience with LMCE controlling external components still using the LMCE UI, I will most likely just do that for now.

Just my thoughts. I am guilty a lot for not fully realizing this platforms media powers, as to control and ease of use, And I know I won't get the full beauty and power of the Blu-Ray media using my old-school non-HD sets, but I can still enjoy LMCE's "One Pane Of Glass" ease of use.

Best of luck, and Kindest Regards,

Seth
".....Because Once you've LinuxMCE'd....."
System stats located at my user page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Seth

skeptic

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2008, 03:48:33 pm »
Just a quick update - I haven't tried it yet, but over on doom9 they claimed to have cracked BD+ with an opensource cross platform (java I believe with an OS specific library), so supposedly any/all Blu-Ray movies out at the moment are able to be ripped/played on linux.

I don't have the links handy, but follow the links from the Ubuntu BR/HD info link above.