Author Topic: list of supported devices?  (Read 2247 times)

skeptic

• Addicted
    • View Profile
list of supported devices?
« on: August 28, 2008, 09:38:20 pm »
Is there anywhere to find a list of supported and/or plug and play devices?  Not things like motherboards, video cards, etc. but stuff like TVs, receivers, remote controls, HA devices, etc.?  All those things that are buried in the database.

Please don't point me to the wiki, that's a good resource for some things but if I were to go TV shopping for example, it would be really nice to have a list of all the TVs in the LMCE database.  That way I could start my research with a list of TVs that can be used with a minimum amount of hassle in LMCE.  Same would be true for various home automation controllers, receivers, remote controls, etc.  The wiki and the forums can be good for finding additional info on a specific device but I want to start with a list of plug and play/explicitly supported devices.

If such a list does not exist, can someone advice me in how to pull that info from mysqladmin?  The info I'm after must be in the database.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: list of supported devices?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 10:15:02 pm »
I do admit that we need to spend some time refining the hardware entries to indicate plug and play operation.. with that said, we will...and I am working on a hardware database catalog which will augment the wiki (and link to and from it) to provide comprehensive search facilities for this purpose.

-Thom

skeptic

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: list of supported devices?
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 12:43:40 am »
Cool, thanks!  I know the info is in the database where the config for the devices is kept, I just don't know how to get it out.  Knowing what's pre-defined, plus what's actually plug and play would be great!  Looking forward to seeing what you're working on.